What is the notification process if you get picked up?

Spaceballs

Does anyone know how the process works for the AD board? The board met yesterday and I heard it usually takes a couple weeks for them to release the results. Do the squadron commanders call us in to let us know if we got picked up or turned down? Or just if we get picked up? Or do we just have to check mypers to find out? Thanks!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thanks. I'm kind of expecting just to wait for the list to pop up on mypers somewhere and then we'll know. I called the board a couple weeks ago to make sure my package made it to them and the captain I talked to said the results should be released within two weeks. Hopefully that's true.

I'm just going to keep checking mypers every day to see my name not on there then haha. I just found last year's stuff on mypers.

The 2014 UFT board met 14-17 Jan 2014. The results were released 13 Feb 2014.

The 2015 UFT board met 17-20 Feb 2015. I guess we can expect the results around the 12th or 19th. I heard they are always officially released on Thursdays. The board contact I spoke to said to expect two weeks, but history seems to show it about a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome thanks. The guy I talked to when I called Randolph said the results would be released this week. That was the week before the board met. I'm really hoping to hear something good tomorrow, but it could be a couple more weeks if the release moves at the speed of excellence..

Another guy from my squadron applied and called the same office at Randolph. The guy he talked to said they were extremely short on RPA slots and they were going to offer them to a lot of people that don't get picked up for pilot slots even if they don't check the RPA box.

Is there a way to find out besides hearing it from my Sq/CC? (ie vMPF, MyPers, etc)

I know the PSDM said commanders should expect PCS as early as March but have you guys actually heard of anybody PCSing within a month after board results have been released?

All of my friends PCS'd in June-Aug time frame in the previous year's boards so I was wondering if that's just a very rare extreme circumstance.

Lastly, once the results are out, will we know right away our class start date and UPT base?

Edited by carminsandiego

I also spoke with AFPC last week and they said it would be 2-3 weeks until the release. This Friday is exactly 2 weeks after the board so the Sq/CCs may know the results by Friday if we are lucky.

Edited by Vim1x

Is that 3-4 weeks from the board or from now? I'm assuming from the board. The guy I talked to said 2 weeks, but I've never seen results released that quickly.

The way I understood it this morning, seemed like 3-4 weeks from now. Hopefully they release it sooner though.

There was a guy I was in ROTC with that got enjjpt with ~2.9 and a 70ish PCSM. That was back when commanders had 50% of the score's weight though. I had a buddy get picked up last year for it and he had a low 3.something GPA and mid-90s PCSM. I don't know what the exact cutoff is or if there even is one. I've always heard they fill up the total number of pilot slots available, then give the top packages enjjpt slots until they run out. I have no idea how true that is, but it sounds legit.

There was a guy I was in ROTC with that got enjjpt with ~2.9 and a 70ish PCSM. That was back when commanders had 50% of the score's weight though. I had a buddy get picked up last year for it and he had a low 3.something GPA and mid-90s PCSM. I don't know what the exact cutoff is or if there even is one. I've always heard they fill up the total number of pilot slots available, then give the top packages enjjpt slots until they run out. I have no idea how true that is, but it sounds legit.

When I was new there were two guys in my det that got upt slots but said initially they weren't "qualified" for ENJJPT, then go out of nowhere got slots at the last minute before their EAD. I'm wondering how often this happens, but this was also before the sequestration cuts started.