T-6/T-38/F-16 MX contracts?

PinkFive

My husband was recently hired to an ANG unit and I will be moving with him for UPT/B-Course etc. We aren't sure what location we are headed to yet as he doesn't have orders (and will probably be receiving them later rather than sooner) so I am trying to cover all my bases on employment opportunities. I am an A&P with military aviation experience (not Air Force) and would like to get on a contract for the trainers. I've heard that L-3 and M1 conduct all of the maintenance at the various UPT locations but would like to see if anyone here has additional information about these jobs and who is the best POC. I'd like to talk to someone over the phone rather than go through the usajobs or jsfirm recruiters. Also, would the Air Force "spouse employment assistance" programs be of any help to me? I can't imagine they have many wives that are aviation mechanics looking for job placement assistance... any info is appreciated. Thanks guys.

My experience with contract MX: it's tough for the contractors to get a solid workforce in the areas where we have contract MX at (rural training bases). Figure out which contractors are at which bases, and you may have luck.

Edited by Dupe