Shared custody, or single-man rules?

Age? Toddler, elementary, or is she somewhat self-sufficient?

I was in a shared custody arrangement (though I was primary) while there. The toughest part was Mids, although if she is school age, this is much less of a problem--I slept while my kids were at school, thereby staying on schedule over my weekends. Toughest part about it was not being able to shut your phone off in case the school calls.

Not a dad but keep in mind the most likely schedule will have your weekends shift 1 day to the right each week. Typical weekend is: on call day - off day - off day. Expect to work at least 1 on call day a month. This could be good or bad depending on your situation. For the most part your schedule is very predictable.

So you will always be working weekends?

Yes, you work every weekend and never get Saturday or Sunday off.

Not a dad but keep in mind the most likely schedule will have your weekends shift 1 day to the right each week. Typical weekend is: on call day - off day - off day. Expect to work at least 1 on call day a month. This could be good or bad depending on your situation. For the most part your schedule is very predictable.

For the adults in the room the most common schedule that Chaff refers to is: 5 flying days, 1 admin/on-call day, 2 days off. So, as discussed, your weekend moves a day per week, i.e. Sat/Sun, then Sun/Mon the next week, then Mon/Tues the next week, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...