Jordanian F-16 down over Syria - Pilot captured by ISIS

TheGuardGuy

• 1 month later...

Looking over the IS leadership spider diagrams it occurs to me that we have recent pictures of all these animals.... Who we captured in Iraq.... Then subsequently released. Lesson learned- we should kill them all when we have the chance.

But we won't. Because the US isn't prepared to fight people like this. The US doesn't realize that in order to fight pigs, you must be prepared to get muddy: physically, mentally, and morally. If we aren't ready, willing, and able to take what ISIS gives, multiply that by 100, and hand it right back to them with brutal efficiency and no quarter, then we have no business engaging with them in any kind of war. Because we will only lose. So long as we hamstring ourselves with "moral high road" ways of fighting wars and the resultant idiotic ROE that only serves to get our own people killed while preserving the lives of the enemy, then we will only lose in any war we get involved in. Especially against people like this.

• Upvote 5

I could not have imagined if he was one of ours. These guys give Nazi's a bad name. I would like the ROE written by the actions of our enemies, there is no morality when it comes to war.

Edited by Prosuper

If this is what they do to a prisoner from a muslim country that was actively negotiating with them, what would they do if they got their hands on an American pilot? Would we launch a ground campaign to get him back? If the answer is no, we need to get out of the IS bombing business until we have the stomach to do what is necessary to defeat them.

• Upvote 1

Not sure we'd want to set the precedent, but under the Geneva convention, can't unlawful combatants be tried (and executed)?

Tried? There's no obligation to even capture them.

Insofar as any precedent being set, the enemy set the precedent a long time ago. But none of that really matters, since all we have proven as a nation since 9/11, is that the terrorists won the war on terror on 9/12/2001, what with all the changes we've made in our lives and as a nation due to them, as well as our lack of any kind of seriousness in doing what is brutally necessary to rid the earth of them.

Time to bust out and fill the Napalm canisters, hopefully they haven't all been destroyed/recycled thru DRMO.

The travel pods our tactical planes use, guess what those used to be? Seal the side door and put them back into use...

I'm curious as to what (if any) kind of CSAR effort was launched by the Jordanians after he jumped out.

Considering he went down right outside Raqqa from the reports, I doubt there was little that was attempted or could even be considered doing.

At the height of OIF I tried to articulate to the people back home what these psychopaths were really capable of. Now they know........

No I really don't think they do, too busy with idiotic stuff like "Deflategate", Super Bowl, Anti-Vax hysteria, what Kim Kardashain is wearing today etc.

• Upvote 1

Well, POTUS is certainly coming out with a very aggressive tone -

'...redouble the vigilance and determination on the part of our global coalition to make sure they are degraded and ultimately defeated.'

I'll go ahead and call that response one of the weakest possible ways to respond to something like this, that I can imagine. He would have been better off not saying anything at all, but was trapped (and therefore had to respond) because of the presence of that visiting head of state. See story (linked-to) earlier.

Oh, and I feel like he's got our back, and he'll really let us go kick some *ss. I hope some of you young dudes you get the opportunity to degrade and ultimately defeat them (somehow).

Seriously, for those downrange - I pray for your safety.

FM

edit: Didn't know this would start a new page, changed reference to "earlier" article, rather than "above."

Edited by GrndPndr
  • Upvote 2

Yet liberals everywhere call Chris Kyle a psychopath because he called radical Muslims "savages."

If immolating a man inside a cage on film does not make the cut for savage status, I don't know what would.

• Upvote 7

Yet liberals everywhere call Chris Kyle a psychopath because he called radical Muslims "savages."

If immolating a man inside a cage on film does not make the cut for savage status, I don't know what would.

Indeed, what a shame we cannot operate (or think) with the same vitality the Jordanians do:

https://news.yahoo.com/jordan-executes-two-iraqi-militants-response-pilots-death-033203764.html

Of course, they are playing by Sharia rules.

Jordan's rhetoric was a bit stronger, counterposing the quote from our guy in command (see above):

"Jordan vowed a 'strong, earth-shaking and decisive' response to Islamic State killing's of a Jordanian pilot..."

Reuters via Yahoo

Eh, same old story, sorry to bring light to it.

Edited by GrndPndr

The Islamic world definitely can have averse reactions to death by burning events/murders.

Example; The Arab Spring was sparked following Mohamed Bouazizi's self-immolation in Tunisia and we all can see how that turned out.

This pilots murder, by burning, could be (if played right) the catalyst that rallies the Islamic world to finally take

the lead in crushing ISIS and hopefully bring some "temporary" stability to that part of the world.

Also, these tit-for-tat executions are likely going to get the U.S. female aid worker being held by ISIS (if she isn't

already dead) executed pronto.

Jordan's King was a little harsher in his condemnation than Obama.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/feb/4/jordans-king-abdullah-quotes-clint-eastwood-to-us-/

The Marine Corps veteran wouldn’t say exactly which quote the king recited, but said it was the part where Mr. Eastwood’s character, Bill Munny, describes how he is going to deliver his retribution. The Examiner suggests it may have been the scene where Munny says, “Any man I see out there, I’m gonna kill him. Any son of a bitch takes a shot at me, I’m not only going to kill him, I’m going to kill his wife and all his friends and burn his damn house down.”

“He’s angry,” Mr. Hunter said of the king, the Examiner reported. “They’re starting more sorties tomorrow than they’ve ever had. They’re starting tomorrow. And he said, ‘The only problem we’re going to have is running out of fuel and bullets.’

Edited by snoopyeast