Sending RPA pilots to UPT?

If an RPA pilot goes to UPT instead... What can you expect as far as training pipeline and any othe general knowledge? Thanks

It's UPT. The timeline will be the UPT timeline.

The slots I know about, ours, are expected to be T-38 slots. Just like our only previous RPA UPT stud. Everyone else selected after has been URT. Post UPT, follow on will be to FTU, then MQT(at home station if facilities are complete). Expect CMR 16-18 months from beginning of UPT.

Our current selectees were hired with URT expectations. Word came down that they were to be changed to UPT.

Edited by herkbum

Thanks for the information.... Would UAV fundamentals or SERE be required as well?

Don't remember if Fundamentals is required, but I did forget about IFS prior to UPT. I have seen traffic on SERE being available to RPA, but we have not sent anyone, nor have I heard of any other unit sending anyone. If we could confirm, we would happily send folks.

RPA to UPT? Not so much.

Whatever happens at IFS/URT/FTU isn't the right level of training/exposure to aviation for most of the people I saw. [assuming the people going into the programs are roughly the same, which could be totally wrong] Edited by SurelySerious

• 2 weeks later...