UNT for ANG (Heavies)

For Guardsmen going to UNT, is it a PCS, or two TDY's? I'm getting conflicting info when I ask around.

Also, if looking to get into an earlier UNT slot, does your unit work that through the ANG? Or through the active duty people at AFPC? For any of you that got moved up to an earlier date, any good insight to share?

Thanks.

Not in the guard but I know several of them here at Pensacola. There will for sure be a PCS to Pensacola, I'm not so sure about Little Rock, there is plenty of NAVs here that would know. I'm assuming you are going to be C-130 Nav. BTW, if your not married you will have to live in the BOQ (Bachelor Officer Quarters). I have several buddies who got married early just so they could live off base. Also, nobody here calls it UNT anymore it is called CSO training. (Jack of many, Master of none) As far as getting a training date quicker, that should be your unit doing that for you.

FWIW when I went through Pcola during the first couple classes, we had 2 (unmarried) ANG members in my class who bought a trailer and lived in the trailer park on base. They made out quite well money wise, although I don't know the exact details. PM me a .mil and I'll get you in touch with them if you need any details

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pensacola is a PCS, approximately 11 months

You will Pcs back to your unit once you graduate, then TDY to little rock for Herk school, approx 6 months.

SERE and water survival are also tdy's and will be accomplished probably after little rock

• 3 weeks later...

Next question: when you PCS to Pensacola, can you put some of your possessions in storage at gov't expense, instead of having them brought to your on-base residence?

If you can store them, what options are available, if any?

- store in Pensacola

- store near your home unit

- store them near your home of record