Tom Cruise Stunt

ClearedHot

I've read that he's done all of his stunts since the beginning, including all the stunts in the MI series.

Granted, I read it on the internet...

Edited by Tank

Back in the day I flew C-130s and worked several Northen Edge exercises. So, lots of mingling with the Army (full of overly ambitious promises for use of airlift). During a planning conference break, I was talking with a USAR O-5. He told me when he was a young O-1 or O-2 he was participating in a mass airdrop at Pope. It was an all out effort with the general and staff jumping also. He and another young Lt were to be the jump masters on their plane. Before the drop, they overheard or were told directly by an oldhead jumpmaster NCO how he used to ride the air deflector doors after the doors were opened and prior to green light. The O-5 telling me the story deferred the challenge, but his friend was all for it. Needless to say, that particular C-130 had one jumper well short of the DZ and the gungho Lt had a difficult time expaining to the CO why he was way late getting to the rally point.

Story is much better when told in person. This is akin to a USAR NCO suggesting to one of his troops that he ride in the HMMWV while it was being LAPES'd. Loadmaster had a helluva time convincing the kid that it was a joke.