Eagle Driver Proposes to Cardinals Cheerleader

Flaco

I don't know what the big deal is...there's a former herk nav (pretty sure he went on to UPT) who married a former Jaguars cheerleader.

If a nav can do it...just sayin

There was a male KC-135 Nav married to a female Eagle pilot at Kadena a few years ago.

Wow. I guess I'm not a bro or funny.

Concur.

I'm still surprised... after the pain and suffering by others that participate in Facebook... that many still feel the internet is an alternative "Squadron Bar".

It's the internet folks. In fact, it's BO.net, which has a significant number of toolbags in the population. These are not "my bros". Reason #76 why I spend less and less time around this site.

In my former community, I couldn't even imagine that this type of thing would be posted on the internet by one of "the bros". We certainly have "lively and colorful discussions"... but we keep to ourselves. If someone posted these comments about the wife or fiancee of one of us, it would not go over well at all.

That said, it's the internet, and you are entitled to express yourself. However, the lack of tolerance by those that consider themselves tolerant of anything is nothing short of hypocritical. They justify it by a "chill out" or "get a thicker skin"... yet they are the ones telling dissenters to fuck off because they are the intolerant ones.

Toro,

As the moderator, you've done great work on this forum, and we appreciate it. People aren't infallible, however. And your post was a mistake.

As the moderator, your job is to moderate. It is NOT to tell someone who disagrees with you to fuck off,... and then offer to help them disable their account if they can't take a joke. That type of chest thumping by a moderator is a foul.

And you... of all people... should understand the 2nd and 3rd order effects of squadron bar talk going online. After having the letter to a lowly college ROTC cadet go viral, and getting spanked by General Kwast, you are the poster child for "this should stay in the squadron, with the bros". I don't know what kind of punishment, what Letter of Reprimand you received, or how long you were grounded, but you certainly laid low around here for some time. And while I'm sure you are like the rest of us, and yuck it up now that it's been a few years, I'm betting you weren't real fond of the internet for a while.

And finally... to tell us that because we feel the comments are in very bad taste, that we are responsible for SARC training... it's absurd, you know it's absurd, and it does nothing but reduce your standing as a moderator on this board.

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

I think this thread started out cheeky and fun, now it's just cruel and tragic. It's one thing to harass the dude for his public love spectacle, it's another entirely to make degrading comments about the fiancées body. She is not some celebrity with no chance of encountering baseops. They are normal people and there's a decent chance she'll see this stuff. I made a similar comment about all of the hacked photos, but would you be laughing if this was your daughter or wife? I wouldn't.

JQP commented on the declining state of BODN and I wasn't convinced it was true. This thread seems to reinforce that assertion.

• Upvote 4

Ouch. Some strong critiques in the comments under JQP's post.

So, let's take those critiques as the aviators we are and figure out how to fix it. Without Rich at the helm, we maybe need to re-visit his "commanders intent" for the forums and take a look at what we can do to make it better. Seperate thread addressing this anyone? I sure care a hell of a lot more about the forums than I do about the Afghans I am trying to advise.

• Upvote 2

I think this thread started out cheeky and fun, now it's just cruel and tragic. It's one thing to harass the dude for his public love spectacle, it's another entirely to make degrading comments about the fiancées body. She is not some celebrity with no chance of encountering baseops. They are normal people and there's a decent chance she'll see this stuff. I made a similar comment about all of the hacked photos, but would you be laughing if this was your daughter or wife? I wouldn't.

JQP commented on the declining state of BODN and I wasn't convinced it was true. This thread seems to reinforce that assertion.

I'm not participating in the comments on the pair, but I've got no sympathy either. You open yourself up to public scrutiny when you make the conscious decision to post up an electronic advertisement of your proposal on a big screen in front of 50,000 attendees of a sporting event, and go the extra mile to alert the nationally televised cameras to watch out for you getting down on your knee...and you wear your uniform to make it a bigger story for the cameras (amplifying the douchebaggery in my opinion). I understand that this broad didn't have a hand in any of that, but you know what? If she doesn't like dealing the the fallout of her boyfriends actions, (whether right or wrong) she can say 'no'.

Edited by Mark1
  • Upvote 2

jesus christ...who woulda thought proposing to your professional cheerleader girlfriend at a NFL game in your bag after you get home from deployment gets both of you shit on by your "bros." public congrats are in order for both of them...giving him shit at the squadron bar could also be appropriate.

• Upvote 4

jesus christ...who woulda thought proposing to your professional cheerleader girlfriend at a NFL game in your bag after you get home from deployment gets both of you shit on by your "bros." public congrats are in order for both of them...giving him shit at the squadron bar could also be appropriate.

No shit.

Being a fighter pilot with an NFL cheerleader girlfriend fiancee, isn't that what we all dreamed of as teenagers?*

I guarantee the majority of the haters are either gay or angry at life as their 351lb dependopatamus is nagging them to get off the computer and rub her hooves.

*Except Eagle queers, not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Upvote 1

Toro,

As the moderator, you've done great work on this forum, and we appreciate it. People aren't infallible, however. And your post was a mistake.

As the moderator, your job is to moderate. It is NOT to tell someone who disagrees with you to fuck off,... and then offer to help them disable their account if they can't take a joke. That type of chest thumping by a moderator is a foul.

Disagree. It's difficult to look at everything in context because one of the moderators (not me) deleted a majority of the posts that were deemed offensive or inflammatory. In my first post (which is still there), I simply said that the guy was in the 492nd based on his patch. After several people posted ridiculous physical flaws in what we all agree is an extremely attractive woman, I took their words and put them into a picture with "2/10 would not bang" at the bottom. For those who are unfamiliar with that meme, here's the summary:

2/10 Would Not Bang is an image macro series in which photos of physically attractive women (and occasionally men) are scrutinized for minor or imagined flaws, prefaced by an ironically low rating on a scale of one to ten. The images are meant to parody hypercritical judgments made about women’s sex appeal on the Internet.

Not only was it a joke, it was pointing out the idiocy of those critiquing her. So for some hypersensitive idiot to get up in arms and try to imply that my post was offensive to her was absolutely ridiculous. The SARC comment comes from the fact that stupid shit like this trivializes the real problem, and we end up having "morale and welfare checks" where - ironically - this picture would have been removed from his office or any public workspace because people feel that it contributes to a sexually hostile work environment.

As far the email jab, I'll take that, but I didn't lay low around here at the time, I simply didn't post anything in that particular thread.

• Upvote 3

Not only was it a joke, it was pointing out the idiocy of those critiquing her. So for some hypersensitive idiot to get up in arms and try to imply that my post was offensive to her was absolutely ridiculous. The SARC comment comes from the fact that stupid shit like this trivializes the real problem, and we end up having "morale and welfare checks" where - ironically - this picture would have been removed from his office or any public workspace because people feel that it contributes to a sexually hostile work environment.

You're missing the point. I would venture to guess that most of us are well aware of the 2/10 meme. I don't think anyone was implying that she was unattractive. We get the joke.

When the posts were made of a woman holding a phallic object (ref the "gummy" comments) and "would not bang", the conversation turned from making fun of our Strike Pig driver bro to hyper-sexualizing his soon-to-be wife. Not all women are "asking" to be ogled and treated like a piece of meat.

I hope that we would make the assumption that, until proven otherwise, every woman - especially a bro's fiancé - is deserving of being treated like a lady.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

...to hyper-sexualizing his soon-to-be wife.

Does this mean you have a problem with the NFL/the cheereleading organizations who are 'hyper-sexualizing' NFL cheerleaders, including his soon to be wife? Or do they all get a pass? Like I said before (in a now deleted comment), they don't allow dudes or fat chicks to be on the squads, and these girls afe not dressed in 'conservative' clothing for a reason.

Not all women are "asking" to be ogled and treated like a piece of meat.

Ummm...it's no surprise that the NFL/cheerleading organizations dress their girls in outfits that will draw strong attention to men, and will very likley cause men to 'ogle' at them. Last I checked, these women asked and volunteered to wear these outfits.

I hope that we would make the assumption that, until proven otherwise, every woman - especially a bro's fiancé - is deserving of being treated like a lady.

Define 'treated like a lady'? Does the stripper when she is dancing on the pole deserve to be 'treated like a lady'? Now, before you lose your shit, I'm not saying NFL cheerleaders (when performing) are nearly to the level of strippers, but they also aren't displaying themselves as women working in a nursing home either. I'm also not defending people saying derogatory things about this woman, NFL cheerleaders, or any other woman for that matter. However, it's not a secret that NFL cheerleaders dress a certain way/display certain 'dance moves' all in order to attract attention...so what kind of attention do you think they're going to attract a lot of the time? Unfortunate as it may be, the nature of the beast is that this is all true. If a woman can not accept that this goes along with the job then my advice would be for them to not try out for the squad.

Now if you understand all these points and your beef is that guys on here (who are mostly active/former military guys) anonymously commented on her appearance (on a random internment forum), then I would ask you why you are surprised?...hell, AAFES used to hand out an NFL cheerleading squad photo with them all in tight shorts/bra type tops. Funny, none of the photos had all the girls wearing business suits. Every NFL cheerleader is either a wife, girlfriend, daughter, etc of someone...just like the girls in the squadron bar thread. Why do NFL cheerleaders get a special pass? Or are they off limits once they are engaged to a member?

In other words, "She was asking for it."

Nope. Not asking for it. However, she shouldn't be surprised...it goes along with the job. Nobody had a 'Right' to be an NFL cheerleader, and if you want to do it, you play by their rules and accept the terms. Unfortunately those terms (the attire, dancing, show events, photo shoots, etc) brings with it some unwanted attention I'm sure.

If it makes anybody feel better, as a huge football, my heart would not be broken if they got rid of the NFL cheerleaders or made it more 'gymanstic'-like, as they do with college. Again, who would be as interested in the Dallas Cowgirls if they did their stint wearing basketball shorts and long sleeve t-shirts? Their sex appeal is what sells. Blame the American culture I guess, but don't feel bad for the girls that voluntarily walk into the job knowing the situation.

But here's a fair question: Why can't there be an honest discussion on this topic? Not specific to this one cheerleader per se, but just in general? Why is it wrong to say there's a bit of hypocrisy when women dress to look 'sexy' and then get mad when people make comments about them looking sexy? Even I'll admit there's a fine line, but for the most part, I didn't think it was crossed being that this is supposed to be an anonymous Internet forum.

Edited by HeloDude

But here's a fair question: Why can't there be an honest discussion on this topic? Not specific to this one cheerleader per se, but just in general? Why is it wrong to say there's a bit of hypocrisy when women dress to look 'sexy' and then get mad when people make comments about them looking sexy? Even I'll admit there's a fine line, but for the most part, I didn't think it was crossed being that this is supposed to be an anonymous Internet forum.

I agree. Here's a great article on the decline of chivalry and over-sexualization of society in general. BL: Women can't ask for men to be chivalrous and then flaunt their sexuality at the same time.

In this particular instance, I don't think the fact that she's a cheerleader makes it safe to assume that she wants to be objectified. I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Downvote 1

Dude she's a cheerleader. Look at her uniform. If she has a problem being ogled then she chose the wrong line of work. Giving our Beagle driver credit, I'm sure she's down-to-earth enough that she take said ogling in stride. Not everyone is as hyper-sensitive and girly as your namesake QB.

• Upvote 2

When the posts were made of a woman holding a phallic object (ref the "gummy" comments) and "would not bang", the conversation turned from making fun of our Strike Pig driver bro to hyper-sexualizing his soon-to-be wife. Not all women are "asking" to be ogled and treated like a piece of meat.

Whoa, what happened to my gummy worm picture? I'm offended that you'd suggest something sexual. I love gummy worms. They're a delicious treat.

worlds-largest-gummy-bear-bite-3.jpg

Edited by sky_king

I agree. Here's a great article on the decline of chivalry and over-sexualization of society in general. BL: Women can't ask for men to be chivalrous and then flaunt their sexuality at the same time.

In this particular instance, I don't think the fact that she's a cheerleader makes it safe to assume that she wants to be objectified. I choose to give her the benefit of the doubt.

In two sentences you contradict yourself. So do you go to Hooters for the high quality food, or to drink beer and stare at hot chicks in tight shirts?

Congrats to the dude, but he made a public spectacle of getting engaged to his hot, scantily clad, mildly-public figure g/f. Pretty sure this forum is chock full of pictures of chicks and guys "objectifying women". Is it only off limits this time because you have a big brother complex or because he's a fellow Airman? Where is your protest in the 80+ page NSFW thread?

I have no dog in this hunt, but there is a shit load of hipocracy flowing in this thread, and a lot of guys with hurt feelings for her.... when I'd be willing to bet she's got thicker skin than any of you and could probably give a damn less about what a bunch of internet forum puds think about her.

Edited by BolterKing
  • Upvote 7

I have no dog in this hunt, but there is a shit load of hipocracy flowing in this thread, and a lot of guys with hurt feelings for her.... when I'd be willing to bet she's got thicker skin than any of you and could probably give a damn less about what a bunch of internet forum puds think about her.

Shack