AFRC NOV UFT BOARD

because thats how things work man...

this... it's best to worry about the things we can control. As long as our package is turned in, FCI complete, developed a plan for UPT (and have a backup plan too), civie job lined up or at least prepped, moving arrangements figured out, family on-board for whatever happens... we can drive ourselves nuts doing anything different.

In my opinion, which means nothing at best, AFRC wing/sq CCs are in possibly the toughest situation any has ever been in. Sequestration is still on the table (even though it hasn't happened), active duty is downsizing and encouraging qualified (A/Cs, IPs) to go reserve, airlines are hiring for the first time in a long time, Total Force Integration (TFI) is ill defined, at best, wings are losing planes or changing airframes and AFRC/HQ doesn't want to lose their UPT slots.

So essentially, CCs have increased requirements from TFI, less flying hours from sequestration to meet the increased requirements, qualified pilots coming in (who probably have a bro or 2 already in the squadron), senior dudes who would rather retire than activate again, if TFI is what they say it is, many units changing airframes or losing squadrons completely and have to make current pilots happy, and lastly they have to continue to hire as they have traditionally done in the past. They probably don't have the time or clarity they want to fulfill their UPT slots. I am sure their manning documents are as fluid as they have ever been.

The good news for us, it sounds like anyway, is that if our package is turned in and ready-to-go the odds are good we'll get picked up, regardless of age waiver (100% hire rate in FY14 summer board and it sounds like they are demanding more candidates from recruiters for FY15). Timing may not be perfect, but f*** it we'll be meeting good dudes and flying planes in a couple months. The other good news....Browns are beating up on the Bengals right now! Good luck

Edited by Go Falcons

• 1 month later...

Are they accepting non-sponsored applicants?I just put in my OTS package, and I have all my paperwork ready to go. If someone could direct message me contact information for a recruiter, maybe I could slip under the deadline crack (probably not)

• 4 weeks later...

I heard earlier this week that the board was postponed again. I guess it was held up for only a week but will still convene this month and we should have results early February... Anyone else hear anything similar to this?

I heard this week it was going to meet the 15th ? Where did you hear this from? As long as it meets soon lol

I heard this it was going to meet the 15th ? Where did you hear this from? As long as it meets soon lol

I just spoke with my recruiter. She told me the board already met, so results should be out within the normal timeline. Good luck to you all!

My recruiter said results will be released Monday 2 Feb. Good luck to all!

Ooh a date, Dun dun duuuun! I heard first week of Feb. My recruiter also said that usually they don't notify the sponsored applicants of selection and that they wait to let the hiring units give us the good news. Hope my unit POC is checking his email that day!

My recruiter also said that usually they don't notify the sponsored applicants of selection and that they wait to let the hiring units give us the good news.

That has been my experience. Promotions, commissions, competitive retraining, etc. usually flows through command channels for the announcement.

My recruiter said results will be released Monday 2 Feb. Good luck to all!

Can confirm for unsponsored applicants. Expect notifications early next week.

I know I'm pretty late to posting here, but I heard another unsponsored board will be held in April. Does anyone have a contact I should get with to get my foot in the door/apply for the board, or do I need to go talk to a recruiter?

Did alot of people actually hear it would be today? Or was it just a couple people who heard from a recruiter that it "should" be today?

I had heard realistically mid-Feb before the units/recruiters actually got the word, but again that's just what one recruiter told me...at the end of the day, they only know soo much and everything changes every few days in this game.