AFOQT Preperation

Tony Gio

Hello,

So, long story short I have the AFOQT scheduled in three weeks and have a few questions regarding preparation. I have been studying extensively for four months now and feel very confident with the questions in the various AFOQT study guides. However, I am trying to take it one step further and have been recently studying the GRE math sections as recommended on wantscheck. The concepts and level of math in the GRE however, seem a lot more intense then that of the AFOQT study guides. Needless to say this is starting to decrease my confidence, especially in the math sections. My question for those of you who have taken the AFOQT is, do the study guides such as ARCO, Peterson, and Barron cover the topics sufficiently, or do I need to master all the GRE sections to be completely ready? From the research I have done the AFOQT seems to have relatively simple concepts as to insure candidates can complete the sections in a timely manner unlike the GRE which seems to require a calculator on a good portion of the math questions.

I am not necessarily worried about the other sections, I have simply identified that math was a weakness so I am trying to insure that it does not negatively affect my score, as due to my age I don't have much time to spare. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Tony