Ad board still hasn't been announced

Is it odd that the board still has not been announced for Jan 2015? I thought I read before that they have to announce the board at least 6 months prior the board meeting. Last year it was announced on 14 August and the year before was in June or July. It's almost September and still no board. Is that a sign it might not happen?

I spoke with someone there back in the beginning of August to find out as well and they said it was in coord and expected to be dropped soon.

They also said they still haven't replaced Mr. Peterson and he was an amazing contact there for people applying.

So the above was correct, get your package together!

I suspect they are number crunching right now to see how many they are going to need? Not sure, just a guess.

I would send up my triple S now but I'm afraid without the official announcement they will kick it back. Patiently awaiting the PSDM without calling AFPC.

Uh...no...

This most recent AD board (Jan 14) had at least 20 pilot spots, I think more than that. The board before that (Jan 13) had just as many if not more.

If you're talking about OTS/ROTC boards for pilots that is something totally different than what the OP/this thread is talking about.

Again, I don't think there has ever been an AD board with 0 pilot spots available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by hispeed7721

Uh...no...

This most recent AD board (Jan 14) had at least 20 pilot spots, I think more than that. The board before that (Jan 13) had just as many if not more.

If you're talking about OTS/ROTC boards for pilots that is something totally different than what the OP/this thread is talking about.

Again, I don't think there has ever been an AD board with 0 pilot spots available.

ah yes... you are correct sir confused with the OTS boards. deleted previous post to prevent confusion. yes AD boards on average between 20-40 slots historically :)

I feel like I have a very strong package. My AFOQT scores and PCSM score are almost maxed. I've got my PPL, lots of combat hours, good pushes, and nothing negative on there. I've had a couple guys look over it who got picked up before and said it looks really strong. Is not having any letters going to look bad enough that I would get passed over against someone with a weaker package but has letters?

• Upvote 1

Read the PSDM very carefully...if I remember correctly, LOR's have to be above any of the signatures on the 215, and within your current chain of command. But the PSDM is very explicit about LOR's.

As far as how neccesary they are, YMMV, but everyone I know (including myself) that was picked up over the years have not had any LOR's. Obviously having one/several is great, but not having one doesn't mean you won't get picked up. I would be working for the 1/XX strat from sq/CC and wing/CC rather than rimming for LOR's

Not having any letters would look bad.

Absolutely not true in any way whatsoever

Edited by hispeed7721

Thanks Hispeed. I thought that was the case, I just didn't have the PSDM in front of me due to class.

Any other tips you'd share? I remember there was some good stuff in previous topics from someone who was on the board one year, but it seems those topics got removed. Any idea where they went or if they are saved somewhere?