Pilot's Prosthetic Comes off on Short Final

FlyingGuy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-14/british-pilot-artificial-arm-comes-off-during-landing-flybe/5671748

I read this and had to share. My favorite lines are "The airline confirms that at no time was the safety of its passengers or crew compromised in any way, nor was the aircraft damaged." & "...he did this, but with power still applied and possibly a gust affecting the aircraft, a normal touchdown was followed by a bounce, from which the aircraft landed heavily," the report said.

When you say no one was ever in danger you mean other than the part where no one was flying on short final right? Then they blame a wind shear for the rough landing? Really?

Edited by C130Driver

In all fairness, I once had a rougher than normal landing and it was because of gusts...even though the wind was calm. It is all about how I tell my story and what you're willing to believe.

"Yep...gusty winds. Forget that my leg just fell off...I have another one!"

I'm just curious how many other aircraft "bounce" after a "normal" landing...isn't a "normal" landing one in which you don't "bounce" afterwards? I'm confused...