Fake soldier called out

Co Th G

I just love how there are zero repercussions for people dressing up as mil and representing themselves as much.

It's illegal to dress up as a Cop...why is it legal for impersonate mil?

It should be legal for real vets to give these guys the ass beating they deserve.

• Upvote 2

I just love how there are zero repercussions for people dressing up as mil and representing themselves as much.

It's illegal to dress up as a Cop...why is it legal for impersonate mil?

What are you talking about...that guy was legit! Did you see how many overseas stripes he had...on both arms? He did some time!

82nd Airborne with a black beret and no jump wings. If you're going to pretend to be a combat hero, at least try to look legit.

Medals and ribbons together

medals haphazardly strewn randomly around the coat

References to superiors using crazy specific language such as 'Lt General John Smith Roberts, and Colonel Robert Johnny Smith...)

..etc etc..

But the real, 100% reason why this guy is fake - Any real Sgt Major in the Army would have verbally assaulted you for even bothering him, much less ENGAGING you in a conversation about his career. The PT reg thing was priceless...though Service specific because I have to admit, I couldn't name the damn USAF uniform regulation numbers from memory...i have a link to that shit if I need it...lol

Isn't looking like a large bag o' douche punishment enough?

No, because Joe and Jane Citizen have no idea this douche is a faker. Just like the recent pretend Marine who some NBA player traded seats with on an airplane and tweeted about it.

• Upvote 1

No, because Joe and Jane Citizen have no idea this douche is a faker. Just like the recent pretend Marine who some NBA player traded seats with on an airplane and tweeted about it.

My view is that lying through your teeth and being a faker F-tard should remain a protected form of expression.

Now that doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out and that the bastards shouldn't be "Martinized" ...just that it should be free of criminal penalty.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My view is that lying through your teeth and being a faker F-tard should remain a protected form of expression.

Now that doesn't mean it shouldn't be called out and that the bastards shouldn't be "Martinized" ...just that it should be free of criminal penalty.

Just to engage in the debate--does this mean someone should be able to dress up as a local police officer and knock on people's door and ask questions, tell people they can not do X on the street, etc? There's nothing illegal about a person in civilian clothes doing those things, however, dressing up as a local police officer may cause people to act a little differently, to say the least. I'm just curious where the line is drawn, if there is a line at all?

• Upvote 1

Just to engage in the debate--does this mean someone should be able to dress up as a local police officer and knock on people's door and ask questions, tell people they can not do X on the street, etc? There's nothing illegal about a person in civilian clothes doing those things, however, dressing up as a local police officer may cause people to act a little differently, to say the least. I'm just curious where the line is drawn, if there is a line at all?

I'm pretty sure impersonating a police officer is illegal pretty much everywhere in America. Worst case scenario for a fake veteran is he gets some free beer and an upgrade to first class that he doesn't deserve. Someone impersonating a cop could do real damage.

• Upvote 2

https://www.facebook.com/rowdy.anderson.505

Go check out this guys FB page before he takes it all down. He was called out on a JQP post today.

He claims to have worked "underwaterdimalishion" for the USN, was a member of SEAL Team Four, received a Purple heart in 1995 for wounds received in Afghanistan, and was awarded the Afghanistan Campaign Medal in 1996.

DERP! DERP!

I'm pretty sure impersonating a police officer is illegal pretty much everywhere in America. Worst case scenario for a fake veteran is he gets some free beer and an upgrade to first class that he doesn't deserve. Someone impersonating a cop could do real damage.

I'm pretty sure you're also not legally allowed to 'impersonate' (not just dress up as one) a military officer either...or am I wrong? So if you're allowed to dress up like a military officer (or NCO?) and walk around leading people to believe you are something that you are not, what's wrong with someone doing it as a police officer? You're just dressed up a certain way--people are just 'mistaking' you as something you are not, perhaps you're never calling yourself a police officer. That's why I asked where do we draw the line.

It's somewhat of a philoshical discussion, as the laws are what they are.

After further googling, here's the relevant law:

18 USC 912: Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

There is also the Stolen Valor Act. So you can dress up as a Colonel with 5 Silver Stars as long as you don't try to give orders to people or get them to give you stuff. I'd still argue that impersonating a policeman is worse, because someone impersonating a policeman could do more damage.

https://www.facebook.com/rowdy.anderson.505

Go check out this guys FB page before he takes it all down. He was called out on a JQP post today.

He claims to have worked "underwaterdimalishion" for the USN, was a member of SEAL Team Four, received a Purple heart in 1995 for wounds received in Afghanistan, and was awarded the Afghanistan Campaign Medal in 1996.

DERP! DERP!

That guy might be legit retarded.

He. Writes. Every. Single. Sentence. Like. This.

After further googling, here's the relevant law:

18 USC 912: Whoever falsely assumes or pretends to be an officer or employee acting under the authority of the United States or any department, agency or officer thereof, and acts as such, or in such pretended character demands or obtains any money, paper, document, or thing of value, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

There is also the Stolen Valor Act. So you can dress up as a Colonel with 5 Silver Stars as long as you don't try to give orders to people or get them to give you stuff. I'd still argue that impersonating a policeman is worse, because someone impersonating a policeman could do more damage.

So we're going off what 'could' happen...got it. But if a person, dressed up looking like a police officer, knocks on your door and asks to come inside and ask you a few questions...what is the difference about a stranger wearing shorts and a T-shirt knocking on our door and asking you the same thing? He's not 'ordering you to do anything' and he's not identifying himself as Officer X from Y police department...you're just assuming he is, based off of his appearance. Same with people dressing up as a military officer. If you're legally allowed to dress up as an O-6 at an airshow and walk around asking people to do X (without identifying yourself), what is different from the scenario I provided above?

Somewhat gets into the discusion of when the border patrol asks you questions at a checkpoint 50 miles into the US--you don't have to answer anything or give them permission to search your vehicle, though you can voluntarily allow them to do all day long if they only ask. If people ate stupid enough to believe everything they see (not even hear) then the joke is on them.

If you're legally allowed to dress up as an O-6 at an airshow and walk around asking people to do stuff...

This seems like impersonating an officer to me, which is already a crime.

I think that falsely stating a person was a war hero to gain personal fame, a different image, or just as some weird Facebook stunt should remain protected. The Supreme Court thought the same.

Thankfully, in a world of iPhones, web-enabled watches and Facebook-friendly widgets, society tends to correct these guys before the judicial system ever can.

Those guys have gone above and beyond the typical 37 pieces of flair. They've truly raised the bar and are obviously great leaders. Clearly, we Capitalist Americans need to be encouraged to start expressing ourselves.

The PT reg thing was priceless...though Service specific because I have to admit, I couldn't name the damn USAF uniform regulation numbers from memory...i have a link to that shit if I need it...lol

It's all 35-10 man....

or something like that.

Certainly not common, but one case where an imposter directed rescue efforts & commandeered a bunch of property for the rescue efforts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-40_bridge_disaster

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20100912/NEWS/9120303/Green-Beret-faker-wore-black-beret

Certainly not common, but one case where an imposter directed rescue efforts & commandeered a bunch of property for the rescue efforts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-40_bridge_disaster

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20100912/NEWS/9120303/Green-Beret-faker-wore-black-beret

Touche, but I'm disappointed our civilian officials don't know they shouldn't follow orders from a random "Green Beret".

Touche, but I'm disappointed our civilian officials don't know they shouldn't follow orders from a random "Green Beret".

Havent you seen First Blood? If they'd just listened to the Green Beret none of that bad stuff at the end would have happened.

• 3 months later...

http://www.stripes.com/news/report-court-rules-wearing-unearned-medals-a-crime-1.311205

[...] lying is speech, but wearing a medal is conduct, according to a report in the San Francisco Chrnonicle.

[...]

Congress has since rewritten the law to prohibit lying about military honors for financial gain, while repealing the ban on wearing medals one hasn’t earned. But the repeal didn’t help Swisher, whose conviction under the former law was upheld Wednesday.

Lying about medals earned is OK. Lying about medals with intent to defraud or for financial gain is criminal. Wearing unearned medals is criminal.

So you can be an internet tough guy as long as you don't try to be an IRL tough guy. I would know because my Bronze Star proves I have integrity.