Iraq in state of emergency - Mosul overrun by militants; government flees;

Vice

Yep, and now look what happened in Oklahoma, a recently converted Muslim man chopped off a coworkers head. The media is calling it a case of "workplace violence", but I'm fairly sure that he didn't remove his colleague's head because she didn't fill out her TPS reports correctly. And 2 years ago when I lived there the Oklahoma State Legislature passed an anti-sharia bill in response to the cases in the United Kingdom... The libtards were up in arms about how "culturally insensitive" and pointless it was, and now here we are, a Muslim Oklahoman cut off a woman's head in the name of Islam. And people still think it's a religion of peace?

i had also read through local news in oklahoma that he was trying to convert people in a threatening manner, was warned to stop, and that is why he was fired.... wish i saved the link because now it appears to be gone.

Even if it's completely "private", facespace has some of the worst security there is and can be bypassed incredibly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NSA confirms. Hacking is one thing, and there is no defense except to opt out of social media entirely ... flash mobbing a public faceplace is another thing.

Absolutely, simply trying to make the point of be smart about what goes on the interwebs bc even if you think it's private, it's not

Listing addresses/phone #'s is really never a good idea

Edited by hispeed7721

• 5 months later...

Absolutely, simply trying to make the point of be smart about what goes on the interwebs bc even if you think it's private, it's not

Listing addresses/phone #'s is really never a good idea

Speaking of publicizing names and addresses: Islamic State threatens specific military personnel

It does not appear that the information had been hacked from government servers. One Defense Department official, who was not authorized to speak publicly, said that most of the information could be found in public records, residential address search sites and social media.

The officials said the list appears to be drawn from personnel who have appeared in news articles about airstrikes on the militant group. Some of the names also appear to be drawn from the Defense Department’s own official reports on the campaign against the Islamic State.

But the list also included armed services personnel and others in the United States or elsewhere who have had nothing to do with the bombing campaigns, officials said.

Some dude sifting through hundreds of PA articles, no doubt, and some PA units are more sensitive to OPSEC than others, apparently.

I'd love to make a "don't talk to the media joke," but this seems serious.

Edited by SurelySerious

This thread is about Iraq. The above story is about Yemen.

ohhhh, because a thread has never gone slightly off topic before? Who fucking cares!

Good on Rescue getting the job done!!!

All Rescue brag aside, you can't see how that's remotely related to a larger "Isis" fight? Aka the the Middle East goes to war with itself?

I don't think the collapse in Yemen has direct relations with the war in Iraq, other than as another Iranian proxy fight. But maybe I'm too obtuse to see the connection. Regardless, cheers to the rescue folks.

I don't think the collapse in Yemen has direct relations with the war in Iraq, other than as another Iranian proxy fight. But maybe I'm too obtuse to see the connection. Regardless, cheers to the rescue folks.

Which direction are the U.S. "Anti-ISIS" coalition partners strike aircraft from Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Qatar, and

Bahrain headed today; North (Iraq/Syria) or South (Yemen)? Keeping Arab/Muslim coalition partners focused on the task

at hand and pointed in the right direction makes herding cats with an air horn look easy.

Which direction are the U.S. "Anti-ISIS" coalition partners strike aircraft.... headed today

This is basically what I was getting at, I don't think the Egyptians/Saudis/Jordanians/Emiraties/etc would be bombing left and right if we hadn't kicked it off with Isis in Iraq/Syria. Whether there's a legitimate fight or just another Sunni/Shia proxy war like mentioned is another thing. I'm very curious to see how this plays out in the longer term.