What stocks/ETFs are you investing in?

StoleIt

I generally just lurk around these parts but saw this thread so I'll add my $0.02.

IoT (internet of things), aka machines talking to machines. I for one will bow to my skynet overlords one day and hope that they will see this post and spare me to a life of meaningless servitude.

personally I'm in heavy with SWIR which has doubled in the past few months from my entry point at $20 but I still see plenty of room to keep going and think it could be a triple digit stock from here. Earnings from this past quarter in February will be telling.

Do your due diligence!

Good luck.

I generally just lurk around these parts but saw this thread so I'll add my $0.02.

IoT (internet of things), aka machines talking to machines. I for one will bow to my skynet overlords one day and hope that they will see this post and spare me to a life of meaningless servitude.

personally I'm in heavy with SWIR which has doubled in the past few months from my entry point at $20 but I still see plenty of room to keep going and think it could be a triple digit stock from here. Earnings from this past quarter in February will be telling.

Do your due diligence!

Good luck.

I don't know much about SWIR other than the quick check I did, but I'd be pretty leery of a stock that has held steady for at least four years then has nearly tripled in about a year. I'm not an investment expert by any means, but my internal "regression to the mean" alarm went off when I saw that.

On the other hand, I did just sink some money into HAL after first seeing it mentioned here and then doing a little more research. Hopefully the Baker deal doesn't fall through. But either way it seems like in the long term a good buy right now.

Been away for a while. Hope you all bought the airlines as suggested and made a ton. EXAS is my current trade of choice although I still day trade UAL, AAL, DAL and even GPRO (not for the faint of heart) for lunch money. Cologuard is the product. Approved by the FDA and Medicare in October. Test for colon cancer thru DNA in stool sample. Much better than the FIT test. Great for those that are reluctant to have a colonoscopy. That should not apply to any one here. Do the colonoscopy by age 50 or you may die like my F-4 buddy and sis-in-law. PT of $32 but as it ramps up this year it is thought to go much higher. Do your research.

• 3 months later...

If you can stash it away for 5 yrs min...look at TSLA. Huge potential.

I'm still not sold on TSLA. They only turn a profit by selling carbon credits to other major car companies since they have zero emissions as a company.

TWTR right now has taken a beating after they missed some quarterly goals...I'll probably drop a couple K into them and see if I can make 20%.

Take a look at FRPT, the stocks is up from its IPO but more importantly, the product is very good and the store managers I spoke to are having a hard time keeping it in stock. It does make large moves each day. Long term I think it's got potential

Take a look at FRPT, the stocks is up from its IPO but more importantly, the product is very good and the store managers I spoke to are having a hard time keeping it in stock. It does make large moves each day. Long term I think it's got potential

In general I think the fresh pet food market has strong tail winds to it and will keep growing but this stock is really a pipe dream. Losing money on an accrual basis, losing money on a cash basis. Let's assume they can hit their projected 9%-10% net margin and lets assume they can manage to grow the top line at 30% per year continually. At today's stock price you have to wait until 2021 to hit a 15x P/E multiple. So based on aggressive assumptions which they have yet to prove are attainable you get $0 in dividends, $0 in price appreciation for 6 years and you're still at an above average multiple on a cyclical stock. And that's not accounting for future dilution which is almost guaranteed as they've only floated 60% of the stock so far.

Don't confuse a good product with a good investment.

• Upvote 1