FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

The finance guys told me that big blue automatically takes 25% of it for taxes. You have no choice. Now what you actually pay out of it at the end of the year depends on your particular situation...obviously. If anyone knows of a way to get the AF to NOT take that chunk out automatically, please let us know.

And does anyone know if the FY15 VSP Payment will count towards the 2014 or 2015 tax year if our separation date is 31 December? I know it won't be paid out until mid January, but will they do an amended W-2 to account for it as 2014 Income?

Napoleon, can others that were disapproved reapply in the same fashion you are, or do you have some unique circumstances?

Not sure. I'm not even sure if VSP is what I was told to re-apply for. The issue is that AFTER they sent me my denial they distributed a new matrix that supposedly reflected all the VSP approvals. My YG/AFSC was still blue, so that's what got the BS flag in the air. I think it REALLY helps that I have a Sq/CC who is going to bat for me. One disgruntled Capt bitching about not getting what he wanted is quibbling, but a LtCol who stands to lose one of his people and is still willing to fight on my behalf I believe has allowed this door to open, even if it is nothing more than false hope.

Don't fight the scenario, brah.

Congrats on the retirement! Thanks for serving!

The fact that there's an ADSC for being a P'cola instructor CSO that's anything more than just a PCS ADSC should go in the "What's wrong w/ the AF" thread.

That should be waived anyway for most folks. I can't remember the AFI off the top of my nugget, but you can refuse any ADSC for formal flying training that takes you beyond your initial commitment from UPT/UNT. Ops check good for FTU instructor course I'm currently in. Suck it 3 year ADSC!

That should be waived anyway for most folks. I can't remember the AFI off the top of my nugget, but you can refuse any ADSC for formal flying training that takes you beyond your initial commitment from UPT/UNT. Ops check good for FTU instructor course I'm currently in. Suck it 3 year ADSC!

Not 100% accurate. No additional ADSC for upgrade in the same aircraft. Change aircraft (complete initial qual training) and gain the ADSC.

Kinda late post but it took me a while to get registered here. 06' 11M non volled to RQ-4's, currently in the middle of RQ4 training -- APPROVED! 4yrs left on pilot training ADSC, 3yrs for retraining to RQ4's, PCS ADSC, and 4yr ADSC for tranfering GI Bill. Never thought I had a chance.

To spread some info, I read through the initial separation briefing and that left me more confused than informed. To top the list, under the Transportation and Travel section, it says -"you will NOT be entitled to full travel pay if any of the following apply.... Failed to complete 90 percent of your agreed-upon intial period of service....... or Discharged as a commissioned officer with more than 8 years of continuous active duty..." I called AFPC and the guy I talked to intially told me since I volunteered for separation, I didn't get any benefits. After freaking out, I told him to cite the reference and then he looked it up and said he was wrong. When I asked him about the two examples I just mentioned, he said the 90% thing only applies to enlisted service agreements, not ADSC's and that the "Discharged" part was refering to other than honorable discharge. With everything else AFPC has screwed up, I don't trust there phone reps. Can anyone clarify how a lawyer would interpret this...

Edited by HerkHauler

whats your question? If you're wondering if tmo will move you where you want, then the 8 year mark is where i believe it changes from home of selection/record. Your separation orders will be marked which one they will do. If you want to move somewhere other than home of record, then you shell out the difference it costs the gov'ment. If you want info on TAMP, do a search.

Edited by chim richalds