FY 15 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

The FY '15 military personnel budget request supports a total force end-strength of approximately 483,000. The balance -- it balances the total force mix of active, Reserve and Guard components necessary to perform the Air Force core missions.
However, as budgets come down and personnel costs continue to rise, the Air Force simply has to get smaller. Reducing our headquarters overhead, eliminating force structure and rebalancing crew ratios will result in as much as 25,000 airmen over the five year defense plan.
This is a reduction of approximately 18,800 for the active duty, 3,800 for the Reserves, and approximately 1,800 for the Air National Guard.
Realignment efforts will also reduce Air Force headquarters funding by 20 percent in FY '15, and our combatant commands will reach that same 20 percent goal by FY '19.
As you can see, our plan is very aggressive. So we can achieve savings early in the process and reinvest those savings back into readiness and modernization.
In FY '14 and '15, we are implementing a full range of force management actions designed to bring faces down to be within the range that end-strength requirements. We'll use voluntary incentive programs for separation and retirement first, and then involuntary measures only as needed to achieve the authorized end-strength.

Guest ThatGuy

We were told to fire up the RRF train today. All aboard, except the 04/05 year groups of course! Don't even think about asking for extra nuts, pretzels, or a whole can of soft drink on the AFPC train.

Edited by slick999

All aboard, except the 04/05 year groups of course!

Not entirely true. About 815 '03 majors will not have 1 yr TIG by the date the board convenes and are not eligible. That means about 2/3s of the 03 year group will bear the entire cut burden. Additionally due to the line number distributions that means USAFA grads will be bearing a higher burden too.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm waiting for the FY15 hireback program to come out when the realize they are in dire need of certain AFSCs that they eliminated with VSP/TERA. C-17 IPs supposedly are one such field.

• Downvote 1

I'm waiting for the FY15 hireback program to come out when the realize they are in dire need of certain AFSCs that they eliminated with VSP/TERA. C-17 IPs supposedly are one such field.

with a return to previous MAF airframe and guaranteed no deployments (Like all the Lt Col's got a few years back) i'd do it

and best of luck to you all in the FY15 VSP

with a return to previous MAF airframe and guaranteed no deployments (Like all the Lt Col's got a few years back) i'd do it

and best of luck to you all in the FY15 VSP

didn't realize they did that. maybe i should get out so i could come back in for a cherry assignment

Don't forget in the PSDM it states that for guys on orders for 180 consecutive days or more, you've got to pay back the VSP that you received. Maybe it will be waived for this "hire-back," if it happens…but remember it's not just free money without stipulation.

Hopefully Chang will chime in soon and explain to us knuckle draggers how they are going to "fix the glitch" this time around! He'll explain to us all about how we don't need FGOs flying anymore... and from the looks of it why a cadre of strictly 1 LT FAIPs is the route we've apparently decided to go in the C-17!!! Seems legit!

Hopefully Chang will chime in soon and explain to us knuckle draggers how they are going to "fix the glitch" this time around! He'll explain to us all about how we don't need FGOs flying anymore... and from the looks of it why a cadre of strictly 1 LT FAIPs is the route we've apparently decided to go in the C-17!!! Seems legit!

You can't fix the glitch if there's nothing wrong, and clearly AFPC policies are flawless. Act surprised, deny, deny, deny, counter accuse.

You can't fix the glitch if there's nothing wrong, and clearly AFPC policies are flawless. Act surprised, deny, deny, deny, counter accuse.

The last step is the most important but usually forgotten:

"Demand an apology."

Anyone able to confirm if 2005 11M is VSP eligible this go around? Didn't see the new PSDM by the time I left work. I know this year group got slashed, but wasn't sure if there are more cuts to be made.

Updated FY15 RIF slide posted to MyPers. I saw a lot of chatter on the FY14 thread about 11B's, they are closed across the board. 11M's closed 2001-2006.

Anyone able to confirm if 2005 11M is VSP eligible this go around? Didn't see the new PSDM by the time I left work. I know this year group got slashed, but wasn't sure if there are more cuts to be made.

i dont think they are eligible. latest matrix had up to but not including 06 year group closed off iirc

Edited by tunes

Anyone know if there's an FY15 palace chase program similar to the FY14 one? I know regular palace chase is still an option

I didn't see a new FY15 PC program when I checked MyPers on Thursday. Doesn't mean they won't have one.

Not entirely true. About 815 '03 majors will not have 1 yr TIG by the date the board convenes and are not eligible. That means about 2/3s of the 03 year group will bear the entire cut burden. Additionally due to the line number distributions that means USAFA grads will be bearing a higher burden too.

Not true. All 03 Majors are eligible. The requirement is 1yr tig by Jan 15 not the board date. We all pinned on last December.