12 FTW/CV loses job over 'inappropriate' emails

Toro

was removed from his job in late March over a 2007 email exchange with the wife of a subordinate officer

An investigator was assigned to look into it,” he added. “No evidence of relationship was discovered.”

This is tough... 7 years ago and an investigation was closed...

There has to be more to it. Hard to believe someone randomly found an e-mail from 7 years ago and decided to investigate...but I've seen worse happen.

On the other hand, I guess it is a new month and we needed another senior officer to fire. Wonder who it will be next month...

Edit to add: He was relieved because the boss "lost confidence" in his leadership ability over something that happened 7 years ago?!? Really? I will put up my entire life savings and bet that at LEAST half of current senior officers have something in their past when they were young CGOs worth being fired over (punching the E-ticket, infidelity, continuing education contributions to hookers, etc.). I'll even double down and say that the firing commander has something in his past that went TDY and stayed TDY.

Edited by BitteEinBit
  • Upvote 1

This is weird...was the investigation started 7 years ago or did someone just dig up some old email? Isn't there some kind of statute of limitations? I can think of a couple of emails I've sent/received that could be considered inappropriate but that nobody complained about. Should I be worried that, 7 years from now, the comm squadron will find them when they trash the exchange server?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I will put up my entire life savings and bet that at LEAST half of current senior officers have something in their past when they were young CGOs worth being fired over.

I wouldn't trust a commander who didn't do something as a CGO worth being fired over.

• Upvote 14

Saw an awesome ops SQ/CC fired at HRT and it was a damn shame.

Edit: poor auto-correct

Edit to add: guess there was more too it...still sucks, the timing was well after the fact, and pretty much every "bro level" dude still believes the whole incident was sketchy. IMHO doesn't speak well to the higher-level CC who could not effectively communicate to his subordinates why something was going down.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

I flew with Venom as a student at Vance several times in T-38s.

One of the best leaders, officers, and instructors I have ever known. This sounds like another "What's wrong with the Air Force" points.

How did something from 2007 magically appear? This is bullshit. Venom is one of the dudes the USAF needs.

• Upvote 3

2. How did something from 2007 magically appear? This is bullshit. Venom is one of the dudes the USAF needs.

The OG/CC at warren was the best commander I served under. I didn't know Venom but the fact that the AF needs these guys is the sole reason they seem to get fired.

The OG/CC at warren was the best commander I served under. I didn't know Venom but the fact that the AF needs these guys is the sole reason they seem to get fired.

If you are referencing the one that was just removed then he severely went off the deep end since you were under his command.

Edited by Breckey

Pretty unique to go from KC-135's to F-15E's. Someone was probably bitter over something and remembered a skeleton in the closet. Very unfortunate.

Doubt that had anything to do with it, considering he transitioned about 8-10 yrs prior to the alleged emails even being sent.

I just don't get how someone, a good dude and leader at that, gets canned over 7 yr old emails. Unless something illegal was uncovered and he's on his way to trial (doesn't seem to be the case here...I hope), then firing him makes zero sense. Now watch CBM end up with a douche nozzle of a wing king when they were so close to having an awesome one - Big Blue wins again.

was he from the era of banked cockpits? I know of at least one F-16 pilot who spent 3 years flying Hercs before getting his fighter cockpit (he's currently the wing kind at Columbus)