Where to find the board dates

Right now all AD rated and non-rated boards are suspended UFN...no additional boards officially scheduled for this year or FY15 either. There are rumors that they may hold one or two boards later in the year, but the sources of those rumors are tough to tie down. Virtually every such rumor source is so far identified as "...a guy in my squadron said...", but no hard source beyond that. Personally, I think that until Congress and the DoD finish tight-roping around the FY15 budget, nothing much will change The only other push may come if the previous select pool (14OT01 & 02) starts to get used up. That may cause them to hold a board to enable OTS to keep its doors open (maybe late summer or early fall?).

So, not true, but not absolutely impossible either. They need to start the process pretty soon if they want to hold the board this FY. It takes about four-five months minimum to schedule, advertise, accept applications, prep and hold a board, and announce results. That's about April or May to start the ball rolling for an Aug-Sept (FY14) board.

• 1 month later...

They just added 18X to the Crossflow! This means you don't need to have a traditional application to the board if you desire 18X. I expect to see the PSDM in August as usual. If you do a little research you'll note that heavies are seriously undermanned in certain year groups and they are also creating incentives for fighter pilots to stay longer. 18X is still required to be at 65 CAP (Combat Air Patrols) this year. Yes, there will likely be a slight draw-down. The Air Force needs more pilots, so I wouldn't stress about not having a board.

Edited by minutemanjs

They just added 18X to the Crossflow! This means you don't need to have a traditional application to the board if you desire 18X. I expect to see the PSDM in August as usual. If you do a little research you'll note that heavies are seriously undermanned in certain year groups and they are also creating incentives for fighter pilots to stay longer. 18X is still required to be at 65 CAP (Combat Air Patrols) this year. Yes, there will likely be a slight draw-down. The Air Force needs more pilots, so I wouldn't stress about not having a board.

I did some google'foo trying to decipher this and came up nil. Are you saying that RPA pilots can cross train to heavies and fighters, or are you saying it's the other way around, or did I just prove to the world why I failed reading comprehension 101?

I did some google'foo trying to decipher this and came up nil. Are you saying that RPA pilots can cross train to heavies and fighters, or are you saying it's the other way around, or did I just prove to the world why I failed reading comprehension 101?

If you're reading what that guy wrote, there's a good chance he has no idea what he's talking about, aside from the fact it was incoherent.

There is a crossflow board for missileers to send them to new career fields after their first missile tour. Very few senior captains and FGOs are needed in the 13N career field. They used to send almost all of these people to space assignments. That made no sense, and the AFSCs are completely split now, so they convene a board a few times a year to find these folks new homes. Rumor is that 18U is being added to the current list of 12 possible AFSCs they crossflow to. No packages are submitted to this board, so you could wind up flying RPAs without having to compete in a flying board. Thus, a great opportunity for missileers.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!