Leave after an MPA tour

For those guard/reserve troughers out there:

Let's say I am on an MPA tour and accrue 10 days of leave. At the end of the tour I take those 10 days of leave. Are there any restrictions on where I need to be when I finish my leave? When I was on active duty/Regular officer status the answer was "leave starts and ends at the local area."

But since the end of my leave is the end of an active duty period, I'd think that it would be treated like terminal leave, meaning that I can be anywhere when my leave ends.

I checked the regs I know of and this situation is not specifically addressed.

Thoughts/opinions?

Terminal leave. End the leave at home or wherever. At least that's the way I always did it, and that's how I showed it on my travel voucher (ending at home as opposed to the local area where the leave began).

Yeah, so was ours, now that I think about it, because I think that is how the reg was written that leave begins and ends in the local area. Everyone still ended their tours at home. I think the idiocracy of guys from the unit potentially having to drive from as far as 8 hours away to get back to base to end their leave, only to turn around and drive 8 hours back home was actually overshadowed by practicality.

Can you see the reg watcher shoe clerk's face when, after driving 8 hours to "end your leave in the local area," you ask for another manday to drive back home, along with the accrued leave that said manday would incur, because you drove more than 400 miles and are entitled to another day according to JFTR para U3005???

• Upvote 1