190 FS Hiring!

190FS-POC

HOT! HOT! HOT! 190 FS UPT BOARD!!!!!!!

Those interested in applying to the 190th FS in Boise, ID please read and pass on. I'm a pilot in the 190th and the POC for the upcoming board for the Mighty Skullbangers. Applications are due by Feb 21st and interviews will be in April over drill.

Here is the link for info: http://www.idaho.ang...-131220-051.pdf

I realize this is short notice so please fwd this to your bros and if you are buddies with one of the web masters/administraters let them know to paste it in the official section. Also, pass on to your bros on wants check.com too.

Good Luck to all

Notro

AFD-131220-051.pdf

• Upvote 2

Didn't they get Selected as one of the first ANG F-35 units?

Any chance you would take a T-38 guy who is "Fighter Qualified" from ENJJPT, finished top 1/3 but got relegated to heavies back in FY '10?

• Upvote 1

Bitter much?

Judge much? You have no idea how bitter I am at the Air Force, and I haven't been screwed nearly as much or as often as most guys on here. Glad your life is going great though. Keep up the faith!

Do you have a link to a press-release that confirms this? I wasn't able to find anything with my google-fu.

I seem to remember it being announced like 3 years ago. I could be totally wrong.

Edited by Duck

Do you have a link to a press-release that confirms this? I wasn't able to find anything with my google-fu.

I don't have an actual press release but Lockheed put out a recent document that shows the first F-35 bases:

ï‚· Burlington Air Guard Station was selected as the first Air National Guard base to host the F-35A Lightning IIs (Dec. 3)

ï‚· Hill Air Force Base was selected as the new home for the Air Force's first operational F-35A Lightning IIs (Dec. 3)

https://www.f35.com/assets/uploads/downloads/13567/f-35fast_factsjanuary2014_2.pdf

Edit: spelling

Edited by TySavy

I don't have an actual press release but Lockheed put out a recent document that shows the first F-35 bases:

ï‚· Burlington Air Guard Station was selected as the first Air National Guard base to host the F-35A Lightning IIs (Dec. 3)

ï‚· Hill Air Force Base was selected as the new home for the Air Force's first operational F-35A Lightning IIs (Dec. 3)

https://www.f35.com/assets/uploads/downloads/13567/f-35fast_factsjanuary2014_2.pdf

Edit: spelling

Thanks for that. Then that suggests there's no official word out on F-35s, or any other airframe, going to the 190th for the moment.

• 7 months later...

Just some quick additional info, the slot is for FY 17.

I called the POC to ask since I'm 28. The POC told me to go ahead and apply anyway since sometimes they're able to get an earlier slot, which actually happened to a guy they have in training right now. For the time being, I really hope my current prospects with FY 16 slots pan out!

Edited by xcraftllc

• 3 months later...