Aviation Jobs site down

Carpetbagger

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to throw an update in the 781:

Purchased new server

Purchased/installed new software

Pointed old domain name to new software/server

She's code 1.

You will have to create a new user account.

Also, I could use some help getting the word out. If you know of a unit that is hiring, please send em our way.

• 2 months later...

Yes, the database took a massive dump during the update process, and I can't get the backup file to actually restore, it appears to be completely fubar'd. I'm going to put some effort into it this weekend, but I'm one more wasted evening away from throwing in the towel.

And no sooner than I post that I'm giving up, a solution appears. The hosting company is going to do a full up site restore from April 24th as if nothing got f'd up. Here's hoping it works!

Yeah, I'm still not very happy with the software developer that manages the database. Their software is way too buggy. But I dropped some legit dough on it, and it takes a while to make that back with a site like this

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• 5 months later...

Okay. I gave up on the old software. I need some people to test the software for me. If you have time, please go to:

http://www.guardreservejobs.com/newjobboard/

and tell me what things you would like changed. Specifically, I need to know what you think about:

Job Category options

Resume options

Paying for jobs after 30 days (this shit costs money, yo!)

Job types (full time, ART, TR, TG, temp, etc)

Salary options

Overall look and feel

Issues, bitches, gripes, complaints

Thanks a ton!

Okay. I gave up on the old software. I need some people to test the software for me. If you have time, please go to:

http://www.guardreservejobs.com/newjobboard/

and tell me what things you would like changed. Specifically, I need to know what you think about:

Job Category options

Resume options

Paying for jobs after 30 days (this shit costs money, yo!)

Job types (full time, ART, TR, TG, temp, etc)

Salary options

Overall look and feel

Issues, bitches, gripes, complaints

Thanks a ton!

looks great, maybe a filter for military vs civilian jobs then use the checkmark/radio buttons to choose the subset group

• 1 month later...

Here goes nothin... I've re-enabled the site. Old usernames/passwords will not work. It's somewhat barebones, but should be safer than the last couple of tries at this. If it starts getting attacked like the last few, I'll just take it down for good.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I think it's good, and is a far cry from its humble beginnings. The "more" button at the bottom of the listings is a little tricky, since clicking more doesn't actually display more results, but rather gives you the page links for more results.

It would also be nice if more units would turn to it to post their openings. For example, there are 4-5 fighter units currently hiring, and none of them are listed on there. Is there any particular reason they don't want to use this as a tool for exposure, or are they just not aware that it exists?

Edited by Milchstrasse

I think it's good, and is a far cry from its humble beginnings. The "more" button at the bottom of the listings is a little tricky, since clicking more doesn't actually display more results, but rather gives you the page links for more results.

It would also be nice if more units would turn to it to post their openings. For example, there are 4-5 fighter units currently hiring, and none of them are listed on there. Is there any particular reason they don't want to use this as a tool for exposure, or are they just not aware that it exists?

Thanks for the input. I'll look into the more button, that is annoying. I'm not sure if the fighter units just don't know of the site, or if they're trying to stick to the bro network.