Upcoming Boards

Did anyone apply to 175TH wing MD ANG (A-10 slot) board and if so have you heard anything? I'm new to the application process, it was my first packet that I've sent off.

I submitted a package. I think they're reviewing packages at the moment. You'll hear something maybe in a couple weeks or so.

Got the word from Montgomery, I'm selected, now I just need to get outta the Army stat! I owe a lot of people for all the help I've received over the years, not the least of which came from people on Baseops.net. :beer:

Congratulations to whoever else gets selected (there should be two slots), I'll see you at the unit! For those who don't, it was good hangin out with you guys down there, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Edited by xcraftllc

Got the word from Montgomery, I'm selected, now I just need to get outta the Army stat! I owe a lot of people for all the help I've received over the years, not the least of which came from people on Baseops.net. :beer:

Congratulations to whoever else gets selected (there should be two slots), I'll see you at the unit! For those who don't, it was good hangin out with you guys down there, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Awesome xcraft, congrats! Feels good when all the hard work pays off!

• Upvote 1

Got the word from Montgomery, I'm selected, now I just need to get outta the Army stat! I owe a lot of people for all the help I've received over the years, not the least of which came from people on Baseops.net.

Got there! I'm happy for you dude. Best of luck!

AD is hiring pilots again if you are really interested. Just got a call from the recruiter I worked with a year ago asking if I wanted to re-apply. Said they were looking at a short window for building packagaes.

id like to know where that info came from. the last numbers i saw for this FY was zero pilots from OTS for UPT.

id like to know where that info came from. the last numbers i saw for this FY was zero pilots from OTS for UPT.

I was speaking to an MG from the AFRC at an airshow about a month ago, telling him that I was applying to the guard. He also said the AD will be hiring more in the near future. Also the days of people being forced into UAVs should be over.

I was speaking to an MG from the AFRC at an airshow about a month ago, telling him that I was applying to the guard. He also said the AD will be hiring more in the near future. Also the days of people being forced into UAVs should be over.

hopefully thats true... to see the OTS pipe dry up for two years has been rough on some dudes.

Agree. I was accepted to the board that convened a couple months ago as an RPA pilot (though I declined the offer) as there were no reg pilot slots for FY15 or 16. But the AF isn't very good at managing their force accurately so I wouldn't be surprised if they miscalculated their needs and suddenly needed pilots again.

Agree. I was accepted to the board that convened a couple months ago as an RPA pilot (though I declined the offer) as there were no reg pilot slots for FY15 or 16. But the AF isn't very good at managing their force accurately so I wouldn't be surprised if they miscalculated their needs and suddenly needed pilots again.

I was going to apply to that board but then my recruiter said there were only RPA slots. She she called me some months later and said they have regular pilot slots so I applied. An officer recruiter confirmed this.

Can you ever find out how many and what kind of pilots they need (fighters vs. heavies)? I'd kinda prefer heavies...

I was going to apply to that board but then my recruiter said there were only RPA slots. She she called me some months later and said they have regular pilot slots so I applied. An officer recruiter confirmed this.

Can you ever find out how many and what kind of pilots they need (fighters vs. heavies)? I'd kinda prefer heavies...

that's for 15OT01 there are pilot slots? the board with a deadline of today?

Yes, that one. They're having the board on Jan 23. Either they have pilot slots or I've been grossly misled.

Recent quote from my recruiter: "I am very optimistic that you will get a pilot slot!"

Well, none of y'all seemed to know about this, so.... less competition maybe? Muahaha.

Edited by Yossarian1234

Yes, that one. They're having the board on Jan 23. Either they have pilot slots or I've been grossly misled.

Recent quote from my recruiter: "I am very optimistic that you will get a pilot slot!"

Well, none of y'all seemed to know about this, so.... less competition maybe? Muahaha.

Air Force Lesson #1 if a recruiters lips are moving.... they are typically not telling the truth. Lets hope that's not the case

My recruiter had a similar comment... guess we'll find out February 19th. To stay somewhat on topic for this forum, I applied to the 124th and they have my packet also. Are any of you applying to the 303 FS reserve unit?