Upcoming Boards

I’m in a 135 unit that doesn’t even advertise our boards because it just gets stupid. Maybe not as nice as Tampa but within a 2 hour drive to a hub for every major airline. I can easily see 200 apps flooding in to Tampa.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

3 minutes ago, Duck said:

I’m in a 135 unit that doesn’t even advertise our boards because it just gets stupid. Maybe not as nice as Tampa but within a 2 hour drive to a hub for every major airline. I can easily see 200 apps flooding in to Tampa.

If you don’t mind me asking. What unit are you in and do you have any advice? I’ve only recently started applying to units and the 135 is currently my top choice but all of a sudden after hearing how many people are applying I wonder if it’s realisticΒ 

44 minutes ago, Duck said:

Last time I spoke with themΒ (yesterday) they told me they receivedΒ a good amount of apps but no where near 200. If the airlines are your goal then the 135 works but at the end of the day the mission is not all exiting at least for me.Β Which could be a good thing for some. You will find the most chill group of pilots in the 135 community tho.Β 

Yeah 200 is really high, but that's what I remember them saying. One thing to consider is the "application" was just emailing them a resume, so there was a pretty low barrier to entry. No need to assemble the usual items like cover letter, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.

1 hour ago, Ten30Seven said:

Yeah 200 is really high, but that's what I remember them saying. One thing to consider is the "application" was just emailing them a resume, so there was a pretty low barrier to entry. No need to assemble the usual items like cover letter, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.

That totally makes sense! I remember him saying they got a bunch of resumes. Complete apps where a different story. But yea tons of resumes. Great unit btw.Β 

18 hours ago, thebleakmw said:

122nd FS just cancelled squadron visits for this upcoming weekend due to coronavirus concerns. I wonder if this is affecting decisions for other upcoming visits/boards (i.e. ft worth, DC). I'm guessing probably yes.Β 

DC's 121st FSΒ wasn't having formal visits anyway and has done Skype first round interviews in the past.Β  Anyone else hear from Tulsa yet?Β  I have a feeling alot of places are going to delay boards/decisions due to the Wuhan Virus.Β Β 

3 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

DC's 121st FSΒ wasn't having formal visits anyway and has done Skype first round interviews in the past.Β  Anyone else hear from Tulsa yet?Β  I have a feeling alot of places are going to delay boards/decisions due to the Wuhan Virus.Β Β 

Just got the 'thanks but no thanks' email from Tulsa.

Any word on Fort Worth Vipers?

Also an update for Selfridge. The most recent thing I’ve been told is that we’re doing a meet n’ greet during our April drill, and a board in May. Still unknown what contents are desired in an application but PM me and I can give you the hiring POC’s UPT e-mail

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, admdelta said:

Where’d you hear this?

He’s probably referring to the fact that there’s a stop movement orderΒ (even for non-local CONUS leave and TDYs) for the next 60 days.Β 

Edited by NattyBo

On 3/13/2020 at 3:47 PM, Tommy Boy said:

Any word on Fort Worth Vipers?

Also an update for Selfridge. The most recent thing I’ve been told is that we’re doing a meet n’ greet during our April drill, and a board in May. Still unknown what contents are desired in an application but PM me and I can give you the hiring POC’s UPT e-mail

I have a feeling that could delayed given current events.Β  NOLA canceled their meet and greet this weekend and Tulsa delayed their interviews for those who got one.Β  Haven't heard anything from the 457th either unfortunately.Β Β 

14 minutes ago, mb1685 said:

USAF: "Alright, we need pilots. Older dudes, you've got some time. New UPT age limit now in effect."

COVID-19: "Not so fast..."

And for some of us...:

USAF: "Alright, we need pilots. Color visionΒ dudes, you've got a new standard.Β New FC1 standardΒ now in effect."

COVID-19: "Not so fast..."

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2