Baseops Forums

Well in his profile he said he got picked up so that's kind of what I was assuming. A-10s is a sick gig!

AFRC hired, yes. But not for A-10’s. Interviewed at Moody is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

19 minutes ago, Yeeyee said:

Any word on Duluth yet? Haven't heard a peep

I got the “thanks but no thanks” email last Friday. I’d offer to check for your name, but it was a blind copy

4 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

I got the “thanks but no thanks” email last Friday. I’d offer to check for your name, but it was a blind copy

Well damn! Thanks for letting me know.

1 minute ago, DesperateApplicant said:

Is Duluth sending cascading interview invites? I would say if you haven't heard from them, but people are getting rejected, then we are on the list for interview invites!

You are the positivity we all need 

On 8/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, CavGuy said:

You will have a great experience up there (if they are still conducting them at Elmendorf). Great bunch of guys and gals. Make sure you block off the whole day so you can hang out and talk to pilots, etc. They will want to show you around the place and inside some planes if they have a chance. One guy at my interview in 2014 was offered a chance to come look inside a C130 with two of us and the guy says "No thanks, I really need to go to my last class of the day." Do the math on that one...

Thanks for the input! I’ve booked my ticket to be there for a week, which they actually have a five day block to plan to be there anyway with static displays on Sunday and interviews starting Monday and ending Thursday. I’m really looking forward to it. Of the 6 places I’ve dropped a packet Alaska was my top choice, and Alaska is the only one that’s offered me an interview. 

Any bros have contact info for the 305th RQS in Tuscon? Been on the struggle bus for a while looking into them for UPT

@Burger I've got a phone number from a reliable source. Never called, but maybe it's a start. Check your inbox.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, DesperateApplicant said:

Does anyone know when the Ohio F-16 will hold their next board?

I actually just called them and spoke to a POC who said they held their board last year and hired 3 dudes. I was unaware of this board, does anyone else know about this?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ohio posts all of their jobs (to include pilot positions for the C-130s, KC-135s, and F-16s) to their state government website. The boards (from what I've been told) are usually June or July-ish for the F-16s. The other boards are slightly earlier in the year. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone want to proofread 2 cover letters in their precious free time? Ones for a heavy squadron, other is for a fighter. Been reading that a cover letter is practically your first impression.

13 minutes ago, Yeeyee said:

Anyone want to proofread 2 cover letters in their precious free time? Ones for a heavy squadron, other is for a fighter. Been reading that a cover letter is practically your first impression.

PM me and I can have a look. 

Send a PM my way as well, more than happy to help.

1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

Same here. Send a PM

3 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Shoot me a PM too, glad to help a dude out

1 hour ago, gear3green said:

Do you have a pulse? 

I'll take that to mean your chances of getting hired there are favorable. 

12 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Except for old guys. That was the response I got 2 years ago when I sent them my app.

Thanks for the info. They offered you an interview I take it. 

Off topic questions for prior/current service guys... Did you guys have any issues with interview boards falling on the same weekend as your MUTA/UTA weekends?