Upcoming Boards

Hey guys, might be a noob question here:

Do some squadrons not allow applicants to rush? For example, this particular squadron wrote this note "Individual tours are not done for prospective UFT candidates during the period of time we are accepting applications."

Does this mean we can only rush before the applications begin? Or we just cant have individual tours but can still rush?

Thanks!

Hey guys, might be a noob question here:
Do some squadrons not allow applicants to rush? For example, this particular squadron wrote this note "Individual tours are not done for prospective UFT candidates during the period of time we are accepting applications."
Does this mean we can only rush before the applications begin? Or we just cant have individual tours but can still rush?
Thanks!

Good question. Even though one may live locally to a particular squadron, the answer can still be “yes”, for many reasons that depend on their interests/reasons.

Commonly it can be due to the fact that it’s expensive for people to travel so they’re looking out for the candidates. Also, some squadrons can have hundreds of applicants which I imagine can be a logistics nightmare if the same amount decided to rush.

These are just some reasons, but from my experience, this is what I’ve heard first hand from some units. My advice, make that application standout. Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

16 hours ago, Ligma said:

Is a joint board interview different than a single airframe interview?  I would expect it to be longer, but any pointers on what to expect?  Especially in terms of expressing which airframe interests you the most.  I wouldn't want to shoot my chances down for one airframe by showing too much interest in another.

I've done both. Most of the questions are similar, but in a joint board interview they will ask you your preference of airframe. I'd be prepared to answer honestly while keeping in mind that there will be representatives from each airframe on the interviewing panel. Focus on the reasons why you want to fly your first choice rather than focusing on reasons you don't want to fly the other options represented, if that makes sense. In other words, don't shit all over the planes/squadrons that aren't of interest to you. 

Good luck! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

345BS Dyess AFB, TX USAFR Hiring for B-1B Weapon Systems Officers!

The 345th Bomb Squadron at Dyess AFB, TX will be hosting a hiring board to select B-1B Weapon Systems Officers to join the “Crooks" in projecting American global combat power.  Applications will be accepted through 9 August 2019 and interviews for those invited will be conducted at Dyess AFB during the weekend of 7 to 8 September 2019.

Attached you will find the requirements to help you assemble your application package. Questions can be sent to 345BS.Hiring@gmail.com.

Good luck to all that apply!

345th Bomb Squadron Request for Applications.docx

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Seadogs said:

Why do you care? Who wants to live in a state who elects Ilhan Omar? Even a viper wouldn't give me enough incentive to move there. 

LOL I thought this comment was actually hilarious.  Some people don't have a sense of humor.

On 8/5/2019 at 11:05 PM, goodflightcowboy said:

For anyone that wasn't on the email, the 303rd A-10s at Whiteman are no longer holding a board in October. Reason was not stated, and board date is TBD. 

Could you copy and paste the email to my inbox?

Congratulations once again to all the folks interviewing this weekend! I was reaching out to see if anyone is interested in getting together this Friday night for some dinner and/or drinks; would be a great way to hang out and get to know one another. DM me if you are interested. 

1 hour ago, iRobot said:

Congratulations once again to all the folks interviewing this weekend! I was reaching out to see if anyone is interested in getting together this Friday night for some dinner and/or drinks; would be a great way to hang out and get to know one another. DM me if you are interested. 

Which squadron?

1 hour ago, iRobot said:

I’d be down, I’m in the DFW area. 

On 8/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, AggiePilot said:

Got an email confirming an interview in Anchorage for the Alaska Air Guard last night. Anyone else going to interview next month? Just got my plane ticket! 

You will have a great experience up there (if they are still conducting them at Elmendorf). Great bunch of guys and gals. Make sure you block off the whole day so you can hang out and talk to pilots, etc. They will want to show you around the place and inside some planes if they have a chance. One guy at my interview in 2014 was offered a chance to come look inside a C130 with two of us and the guy says "No thanks, I really need to go to my last class of the day." Do the math on that one...

Edited by CavGuy