Baseops Forums

11 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Yeah, that's probably a more likely situation. Well, if that is the case, best of luck to everyone interviewing. My thought process was that typically, it becomes a topic of conversation once invitations are sent out, and the relative silence about it was odd. 

But like I said, due to how close it is, they're probably already out. 

Fresno sent out invites to around 10 people for interviews. From what I can tell, they went mostly to people who visited.

Random but does anyone have any information on the 112th Fighter Squadron in Ohio? I’d be curious to know when their last board was and how often they hold one.

Is this for both ANG and Reserve Units? I turn 30 next week. I was already hired by a unit and currently waiting for the age waiver to get approved. Its keeping me from requesting UPT dates. Good luck to all the other bros out there in their late 20s. Get after it!

Cheers

4 minutes ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Is this for both ANG and Reserve Units? I turn 30 next week. I was already hired by a unit and currently waiting for the age waiver to get approved. Its keeping me from requesting UPT dates. Good luck to all the other bros out there in their late 20s. Get after it!

Cheers

I was told across the board, so guard, reserve, and AD. 

29 minutes ago, Patch said:

Heads up to people on this thread.

There was an mfr to raise the upt age from 30 to 33. 

To those who are age critical that gives you extra time to apply to units now.

MFR for UPT Age Limit 33.pdf

Wow, I haven't been on this forum in months and I randomly decided to log on today and you posted this 30 minutes earlier. It's like an omen. 😂 I'm almost 30 and had thrown in the towel on this. Looks like it's time to start back up!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wannabe88 said:

Has anyone headed to Portland this week received the follow on email with times?

No, still waiting on more details. 

• Thanks 1

Oh you guys still haven't heard back on the schedule this weekend? That means you didn't even make the cut for the Friday night social...

Heads up to people on this thread.

There was an mfr to raise the upt age from 30 to 33. 
To those who are age critical that gives you extra time to apply to units now.

MFR for UPT Age Limit 33.pdf

I’m pretty sure this is only for those applying to Active Duty. It states that this replaces paragraph 3.1.1.1 in the AFI 36-2105. That paragraph discussed active duty age requirements, 3.1.1.2 discusses age requirements for ANG and AF Reserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 hour ago, ckelley444 said:

Anybody gonna be at the MA 131st meet up on Friday? 

See you there!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N730 said:

I’m pretty sure this is only for those applying to Active Duty. It states that this replaces paragraph 3.1.1.1 in the AFI 36-2105. That paragraph discussed active duty age requirements, 3.1.1.2 discusses age requirements for ANG and AF Reserves.

On second thought I think this is probably correct.

I think it’s just this being put into writing:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156206329556865&id=285437941864

Actually I’m not sure. This seems to refer to an extension for Guard/Reserve applicants too.

3FEAD87F-BC6E-4488-B808-5000439B9A51.png

Actually I’m not sure. This seems to refer to an extension for Guard/Reserve applicants too.
3FEAD87F-BC6E-4488-B808-5000439B9A51.thumb.png.6f166f6521d389c902aea4f31f2bbc76.png

The current release seems to definitely be talking AD only, or else it’d probably say replaces 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2. But that screenshot you posted looks like an unreleased copy of the next version of the AFI, which appears to have the same updated age limit for ANG and AF Reserves. I hope that’s the case on final release!

26 minutes ago, N730 said:

The current release seems to definitely be talking AD only, or else it’d probably say replaces 3.1.1.1 and 3.1.1.2. But that screenshot you posted looks like an unreleased copy of the next version of the AFI, which appears to have the same updated age limit for ANG and AF Reserves. I hope that’s the case on final release!

I spoke to the AF officer recruiter for my area, and they confirmed that it’s for reserve and guard as well (assuming the officer accessions recruiter is correct) and that it will flow down in a couple of weeks or so 

Cheers

Edited by Patch
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patch said:

I spoke to the AF officer recruiter for my area, and they confirmed that it’s for reserve and guard as well (assuming the officer accessions recruiter is correct) and that it will flow down in a couple of weeks or so 

Cheers

Dang not much faith there, we all know how much recruiters know on topics such as these... 

Cheers

That’s awesome! There are so many good dudes I’ve met through the process that are struggling due to age. I’m glad to hear that they’ll get a good shot.

Welp, I just overnighted a package that's due by COB on 1 March. I put the MFR in the package.

Read this news, got on BogiDope to look at board listings, and then left work really early to run home and put this together in record time. 😂 Hopefully the change indeed applies for Guard/Reserve + off the street accessions.

Edited by mb1685

Welp, I just overnighted a package that's due by COB on 1 March. I put the MFR in the package.
Read this news, got on BogiDope to look at board listings, and then left work really early to run home and put this together in record time.  Hopefully the change indeed applies for Guard/Reserve + off the street accessions.

Good luck to you. The memo was addressed to AFPC, but not ARPC. Might be an oversight, or it might apply to AD only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk