Jump to content
Baseops Forums

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Seadogs said:

2nd this. Apps aren't due till mid april correct? Don't most apps come in high speed near the deadline? 

That’s what Blitz told me. I think they actually may have pushed the board back a ways too so I’d ask about that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@DesperateApplicant I doubt it, unless folks really bomb the initial interview screening. If most folks got invited, it was probably due to a great application and having a great attitude/fit in the unit.

Remember, this is just speculation... so I can very well be proven wrong. Either way, great group of folks and best of wishes for those folks that got interviewed! Still plenty of other slots and I'm definitely going to gun for those A-10 slots! (Pun intended)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 1:40 PM, Jetpower said:

I will give it a shot. Do you know if they're entertaining age waivers? I just turned 30.

I reached out to Blitz cause I'm pretty close to the cut-off as well and he said the age waiver is unlikely... But I can't agree more with @Tommy Boy just throw your application out there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, iRobot said:

@DesperateApplicant I doubt it, unless folks really bomb the initial interview screening. If most folks got invited, it was probably due to a great application and having a great attitude/fit in the unit.

Remember, this is just speculation... so I can very well be proven wrong. Either way, great group of folks and best of wishes for those folks that got interviewed! Still plenty of other slots and I'm definitely going to gun for those A-10 slots! (Pun intended)

Yeah, I'm hoping for an alternate interview slot or just hoping that all haven't been sent yet! No room for negativity during this process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's make a list of fighter units that are currently hiring. Do any of these units allow visiting before turning in the application? And does anyone know if they only hire from within? How many people do they plan on hiring this year? And lastly do you have to visit to get an interview?

  1. Indiana
  2. Florida
  3. DC
  4. Vermont
  5. South Carolina
  6. Missouri
  7. New Jersey
  8. Louisiana
  9. Wisconsin
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Let's make a list of fighter units that are currently hiring. Do any of these units allow visiting before turning in the application? And does anyone know if they only hire from within? How many people do they plan on hiring this year? And lastly do you have to visit to get an interview?

  1. Indiana
  2. Florida
  3. DC
  4. Vermont
  5. South Carolina
  6. Missouri
  7. New Jersey
  8. Louisiana
  9. Wisconsin
 
  •  

1. a) No visits (b) idk (c) see a

2-5 not sure

6. a) yes (b) idk (c) idk

7. Not sure

8. a) yes, but they are very busy in the coming months so contact the POC to be sure. (B) they do not (c) strongly implied

9. Not sure

when in doubt UTFSF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Let's make a list of fighter units that are currently hiring. Do any of these units allow visiting before turning in the application? And does anyone know if they only hire from within? How many people do they plan on hiring this year? And lastly do you have to visit to get an interview?

  1. Indiana
  2. Florida
  3. DC
  4. Vermont
  5. South Carolina
  6. Missouri
  7. New Jersey
  8. Louisiana
  9. Wisconsin
 
  •  

1. a) No visits (b) idk (c) see a

2-5 not sure

6. a) yes (b) idk (c) idk

7. Not sure

8. a) yes, but they are very busy in the coming months so contact the POC to be sure. (B) they do not (c) strongly implied

9. Not sure

when in doubt UTFSF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No word, probably running behind on schedule. I'll also assume that Oregon has sent out all of their interview invites. Congrats to those who got it, if anyone wants to give me their interview slot I'll gladly take it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DesperateApplicant said:

No word, probably running behind on schedule. I'll also assume that Oregon has sent out all of their interview invites. Congrats to those who got it, if anyone wants to give me their interview slot I'll gladly take it! 

Strong username to post ratio

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/16/2019 at 2:37 PM, ayz33 said:

@Topper14 can you confirm or deny the visit conversation for the 121fs in this thread?

I PMed the pilot who posted on Reddit a few weeks ago and they said they're doing visits in March when they return from deployment.

Been quiet for a while though, I imagine they're incredibly busy right now. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vermont - Visits are good; not required, but a good idea.  Multiple non-VT guys were hired last board.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2019 at 10:26 AM, Kylrs said:

That’s what Blitz told me. I think they actually may have pushed the board back a ways too so I’d ask about that.

Yes; recently got an email back saying that the board was pushed to November

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, utevan said:

Yes; recently got an email back saying that the board was pushed to November

What squadron is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2019 at 4:02 PM, Broskees said:

So 303rd isnt holding the board until November?

Just to confirm that's the A-10 Reserve squadron over at Whiteman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

Just to confirm that's the A-10 Reserve squadron over at Whiteman?

Yes. Not trying to be rude, we've all been there, but don't be afraid to scroll up or do a google search. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if Fresno has sent out invites? I would assume so if they're sticking with the March 3rd interview date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, donkey said:

Anyone know if Fresno has sent out invites? I would assume so if they're sticking with the March 3rd interview date.

This has been a topic of conversation amongst a group of us... from what I understand, nobody has heard back. At least, of those of us that I know applied. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, goodflightcowboy said:

This has been a topic of conversation amongst a group of us... from what I understand, nobody has heard back. At least, of those of us that I know applied. 

I called them last week and they said that they would call/email those who got selected. It has been a week and a half since Feb. 15. I'm pretty certain they already made the call to those who got selected, especially that their interview is in 5 days.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Curtiss JN-4 said:

I called them last week and they said that they would call/email those who got selected. It has been a week and a half since Feb. 15. I'm pretty certain they already made the call to those who got selected, especially that their interview is in 5 days.

Yeah, that's probably a more likely situation. Well, if that is the case, best of luck to everyone interviewing. My thought process was that typically, it becomes a topic of conversation once invitations are sent out, and the relative silence about it was odd. 

But like I said, due to how close it is, they're probably already out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...