Baseops Forums

Anyone get a rejection from Oregon?...or is it implied?...asking for a friend...

Edited by BigCat

I wonder when the last time they hired B2 pilots over at the 131st bomb squadron in Missouri. Would totally be interested in dropping an application for them. 

On another note, I'm finding it incredibly difficult trying to schedule the AFOQT and TBAS tests. I was finally able to meet with an Air Guard recruiter to fill out the Request for Examination paperwork only to to get denied at my local MEPS station...

I wonder when the last time they hired B2 pilots over at the 131st bomb squadron in Missouri. Would totally be interested in dropping an application for them. 
On another note, I'm finding it incredibly difficult trying to schedule the AFOQT and TBAS tests. I was finally able to meet with an Air Guard recruiter to fill out the Request for Examination paperwork only to to get denied at my local MEPS station...

Not sure that it’s any different if you’re non prior service, but what I did as a current guard bum was look up what colleges in my area had a ROTC program to schedule my TBAS and I would call the base training office and skip the recruiter for AFOQT. Just cut out the middle man for those two steps at least in my opinion. Definitely utilize the recruiter still but I think you can just do those two steps on your own.
But again, don’t know how it works for non-priors. I’d assume you could knock out the AFOQT at a college as well.
Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1

Quick question: I was invited to visit the unit after submitting a package (they do rolling boards). Is this considered an interview or more so like an informal visit?

The whole thing is an interview, expect both even if not official.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

They hired off the streets a few years back. Don't think they have since then

5 hours ago, Jetpower said:

Quick question: I was invited to visit the unit after submitting a package (they do rolling boards). Is this considered an interview or more so like an informal visit?

Agree with what matmacwc said. Was this in regards to 121 FS?

12 hours ago, BigCat said:

Anyone get a rejection from Oregon?...or is it implied?...asking for a friend...

I bet they will send us rejections in a week or so, or maybe none. Invites always go out first.

34 minutes ago, Stearman694 said:

Agree with what matmacwc said. Was this in regards to 121 FS?

No, but I’d love to fly fighters. I applied to a heavy unit in the east coast. 

Got a reject letter from Oregon yesterday early afternoon. So y'all that have not received emails yet, that is probably a good thing!

Edited by Burger

23 hours ago, Jetpower said:

No, but I’d love to fly fighters. I applied to a heavy unit in the east coast. 

Look into the A-10s st Whiteman in Missouri. I got picked up last year and I I’ve been told there are a lot fewer applicants than we had last year.

Edited by Kylrs
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kylrs said:

Look into the A-10s st Whiteman in Missouri. I got picked up last year and I I’ve been told there are a lot fewer applicants than we had last year.

I will give it a shot. Do you know if they're entertaining age waivers? I just turned 30.

I will give it a shot. Do you know if they're entertaining age waivers? I just turned 30.

If I remember correctly, whiteman said they do not expect to run age waivers on their bogidope posting but I’d still apply! I’d be a liar if I said I haven’t been in interviews where a post-30 dude got the job after the unit said they don’t do waivers. You never know man don’t give up!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone heard from Fresno? I’m assuming tomorrow or Tuesday if nothing yet.

Edited by Broskees

7 hours ago, Kylrs said:

I’ll definitely be dropping an application if I can get these AFOQT and TBAS tests done. I’ll be an off-the-street applicant, so it may be a little difficult, but I’m only 22 and fly for a regional airline so perhaps I have a chance. How do they know that there won’t be as many applicants this year? 

1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

I’ll definitely be dropping an application if I can get these AFOQT and TBAS tests done. I’ll be an off-the-street applicant, so it may be a little difficult, but I’m only 22 and fly for a regional airline so perhaps I have a chance. How do they know that there won’t be as many applicants this year? 

2nd this. Apps aren't due till mid april correct? Don't most apps come in high speed near the deadline?