Baseops Forums

Are you talking about Whiteman AFB in Missouri? I had no clue they fly A10s, thought it was just B2's.

On another note, do you guys know what qualities a unit is looking for? I'm having someone write me a letter of recommendation today and he asked. 

13 minutes ago, Yeeyee said:

Are you talking about Whiteman AFB in Missouri? I had no clue they fly A10s, thought it was just B2's.

On another note, do you guys know what qualities a unit is looking for? I'm having someone write me a letter of recommendation today and he asked. 

I know pretty much nothing yet, so take this with a grain of salt as I'm still in the applying/interviewing phase myself. But...have them write the recommendation letter based on qualities that you have. Don't have whoever is writing it say you have X or Y qualities just because that's "what a unit is looking for." What happens when you land an interview and the recommendation letter does match up to the person? There are specific things every letter of recommendation should attest to, but they should be legitimate and reflect the person they are recommending accurately. If you have great leadership qualities, make sure they touch on that. If you are a hard worker and have showed it in the past, they can touch on that. But if you dont have the "qualities" and unit is looking for and someone says you do, that could not go well for you I would think. Units look at the whole person concept from what I've seen at my interviews and from what I've read on here. 

19 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Ryleypav pretty much nailed it. Definitely while person. Most of the time the thought process is they can teach anyone to fly. They can’t teach you to be a decent human.

The A-10s belong to the reserve unit. B-2s belong to active duty and guard. There is also an army guard black hawk unit and I believe some active duty RPA. All at Whiteman.

Nothing yet, I’m waiting to hear back as well. The POC said second week of February so hopefully we’ll get word in the next few days!

Probably a solid play to ask for some feedback regardless. I know they are busy, but I’m sure most of the dudes want to help out people hungry to get in the cockpit. Just may have to give them time.  

Did anyone hear back from the 39th RQS at Patrick AFB FL? I believe they recently had a UPT board on 9 Feb.

Anyone heading out to DCANG for the March 15-17 visit? If so, if you’d like to split a place/car, I’m down to save some $$$$.

4 minutes ago, BigCat said:

Anyone heading out to DCANG for the March 15-17 visit? If so, if you’d like to split a place/car, I’m down to save some $$$$.

Which squadron?

Anyone hear from Fresno yet (194th FS)? Says the approximate date for the interview notifications is today.

3 hours ago, BigCat said:

I'm in. PM me and we'll set it up...

46 minutes ago, Broskees said:

Anyone hear from Fresno yet (194th FS)? Says the approximate date for the interview notifications is today.

Nothing yet. Wouldn't be surprised if we hear something early next week.

8 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

Anyone on Oregon? 

Nothing. Emailed POC and he said they should have answers this weekend!

2 hours ago, BigCat said:

121 FS

They told me they're not allowing visits to make it fair. Did you coordinate this?

12 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

They told me they're not allowing visits to make it fair. Did you coordinate this?

I heard thats the official answer, but you need to get in contact with a pilot or someone on the DL to be able to visit. 

42 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Hey man, I’d reach back out and make sure you get in touch with a pilot or their email. They were/are deployed, I got the same answer talking to some rando SSgt that they weren’t doing it, but I believe it’s a go for that weekend. 

1 hour ago, BigCat said:

Hey man, I’d reach back out and make sure you get in touch with a pilot or their email. They were/are deployed, I got the same answer talking to some rando SSgt that they weren’t doing it, but I believe it’s a go for that weekend. 

It was their email and only a week ago, thats weird..