Baseops Forums

1 hour ago, BamaCrewDawg11 said:

The resume underneath the whiskey will get thrown out as soon as we walk out of the 'Meet & Greet' .. the bottle is stuck there for at least a bit longer! 

IMG_9246.pdf

A for creativity and the 1.75L bottle, but Roll Tide.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BamaCrewDawg11 said:

The resume underneath the whiskey will get thrown out as soon as we walk out of the 'Meet & Greet' .. the bottle is stuck there for at least a bit longer! 

IMG_9246.pdf

I went half mast, dude. That's a killer idea and it looks great! I'm sure it helped you stand out a bit. Good luck!

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 12:16 PM, BamaCrewDawg11 said:

IMG_9246.pdf

Man, I had this thought today while walking my dogs. I thought "I wonder if I have time to print out some Stickers for the Bottle of Alcohol." Though my idea was just a seductive photo of myself but to each his own. 

13 hours ago, Dynasty22 said:

Hello everyone, 

i got word that no one is going to the AFRC unsponsored boards, any truth to that?

Yes, I just got picked up by a reserve unit in September, and they were going to try to send me unsponsored to speed up the process, but then told me that unsponsored boards are suspended for the time being, so now I'm just going as a sponsored candidate. The unsponsored board may come back another time.

17 minutes ago, Flying Pillows said:

Want to compare packages? 

You, son, have lots to learn.

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, Flying Pillows said:

Want to compare packages? I'm dying to know what I can improve on for the next board. All I wanted was an interview in OK so it's killing me that I didn't get it.

My package is 17 pages. How big is your package?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

Yeah, I've been really careful in my e-mails to make my intentions clear, maybe that's the difference?

All joking aside, @Flying Pillows I'll PM you, willing to share what I can with a fellow hopeful. Were you able to visit? I figure showing up is what made the difference for me. 

3 hours ago, Engraft said:

Yeah, I've been really careful in my e-mails to make my intentions clear, maybe that's the difference?

All joking aside, @Flying Pillows I'll PM you, willing to share what I can with a fellow hopeful. Were you able to visit? I figure showing up is what made the difference for me. 

2 hours ago, Flying Pillows said:

I didn't visit unfortunately. Kicking myself really hard for that stupid decision. 

I think i heard couple guys got interviews to OK didn't visit either. So i'm thinking they must've had something on their resume

Edited by bigdreams
Typo. Fat thumbs
  • Downvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 12:27 AM, Desk Jobs Suck said:

Any news from Alabama? 

I haven't heard anything yet. When I visited they said they wanted to get it out before the next drill.

15 hours ago, ASE.K said:

I haven't heard anything yet. When I visited they said they wanted to get it out before the next drill.

They must be reviewing packets, i checked my video analytics and it's been viewed this week for the first time since i submitted it. It's unlisted

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

They must be reviewing packets, i checked my video analytics and it's been viewed this week for the first time since i submitted it. It's unlisted

Same here, so hopefully we get an answer in the next week or two

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ayz33 said:

Did they down vote it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Unlisted? Boooo. 😂 Ok, ok mine is listed, but its not like I made the title a super obvious "UPT" title.  I did like someone else ( @Seadogs ??) and searched around to see what others have done. Pretty awesomely awkward 👍

Edited by Dustoff!
tag

35 minutes ago, Dustoff! said:

Unlisted? Boooo. 😂 Ok, ok mine is listed, but its not like I made the title a super obvious "UPT" title.  I did like someone else ( @Seadogs ??) and searched around to see what others have done. Pretty awesomely awkward 👍

If ranting in front of a camera for a whole 3 minutes doesn't get your video down voted by the whole squadron, then I think it's time to start considering the youtube life as a viable means of being my main income stream.

Edited by Seadogs
FAT F'N FINGERS
  • Haha 1

On 10/30/2018 at 12:43 PM, matmacwc said:

Still applicable. 

4 hours ago, Flying Pillows said:

Why would you ever spend that much on liquor though? 

It’s a normal practice, and helps show interest among other things.

Also, he said Black Label...not Blue. Large $ difference. 

46 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Still applicable. 

It’s a normal practice, and helps show interest among other things.

Also, he said Black Label...not Blue. Large $ difference. 

Bribing shows interest?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bigdreams said:

Bribing shows interest?

Have you ever been invited to someone’s home for dinner? There is etiquette involved. 

• Upvote 2

The 177 Fighter Wing in Atlantic City will be having a hiring board for Undergraduate Pilot Training candidates seeking to fly the F-16 1-2 June 2019.  Packages are due 15 April 2019.  Please reference the below website for details.  

http://www.177fw.ang.af.mil/Units/Careers/

Please send all questions to: 

usaf.nj.177-fw.mbx.177-fw-upt@mail.mil

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Flying Pillows said:

Is that your real photo? Hope you don't use that photo of yourself in your package submissions! 

That’s Spicoli bro! 

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1