Upcoming Boards

8 hours ago, donkey said:

Anyone headed out to the 123d for Oregon's meet & greet this weekend?  I'd offer to grab a beer tonight but unfortunately my plane gets in super late.   

I think one other guy just got in as well. If anyone is around PM me for linkup. 

Edited by boxster02

Well... they do it kinda weird. 2 primary and 2 alternate, but from what I understand, the 2 alternates almost always end up going to UPT due to a lack of pilots, if the unit can swing it. Don't ask me the particulars though, just repeating information I was told. 

To your question, one off the street and 3 enlisted, although the off-the-street guy was a primary, so there's that. I got the sense that they didn't care, because the interview was about 50/50, I think the enlisted just performed better in the interview itself, since they're so used to interacting with the pilots. 

4 minutes ago, Flying Pillows said:

My dude lol. Keep pounding till they say yes! 

I know. It’s not as bad as you think though.

2 minutes ago, admdelta said:

What’s wrong with talking about the airlines, if I may ask?

Objectively, nothing. But as I have quickly learned, fighters want you to literally be ready to kill someone to be a fighter guy, so saying anything other than “fighters” is wrong. I didn’t say I’d do airlines after I got there, I said if I didn’t get this board I’d end up working at the regionals while I continued applying, but in the interview debrief they said that was the kiss of death because it showed I wasn’t committed and didn’t exude the fighter mentality. 

Just now, BadGuySplash said:

Oklahoma you have to live near the base, pretty sure minimal to none of the pilots have other jobs other than full time AGR, so they don't really want to hear about being part-time with airline, mostly because none of them do it and they want 100% committed guy in their squadron. This mostly pertains to OK though. 

Negative. Over half their pilots are airline guys. It was a “fighter guy” mentality issue, not a reality issue.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:06 PM, Flying Pillows said:

I assume you got rejected from Fresno? Why would you ever spend that much on liquor though? 

Yes. The bottle was under $50 its not that $300 blue label. 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:20 PM, bigdreams said:

Bribing shows interest?

Former members of Fresno squadron told me not to be "that guy" who doesn't bring something. Still was that guy, lol.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, dotonfire said:

Thanks @Hopefulflyer389. I may be a bit of a difficult sell to big AF despite being sponsored. I'm not certain it's just a formality and my recruiter's not been the most communicative. I'm probably just overthinking.

You’re welcome. The board really looks at the whole person concept. I didn’t have the best scores or awesome LORs when I was selected unsponsored. 

• Upvote 1