Upcoming Boards

Recruiters don't typically have any idea of how the hiring board selects candidates for interviews. They barely know how the process works at all, so just take what they say with a grain of salt.

Recruiters are just the clearing house for the apps, making sure everything is in there. Once deadline is closed and they compile the packets, they pass them to the squadron. Once the board selects the candidates, the selectees are put back into contact with the recruiters to get more paperwork completed and to be ushered along in the enlistment/commissioning process.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Recruiters don't typically have any idea of how the hiring board selects candidates for interviews. They barely know how the process works at all, so just take what they say with a grain of salt.

Recruiters are just the clearing house for the apps, making sure everything is in there. Once deadline is closed and they compile the packets, they pass them to the squadron. Once the board selects the candidates, the selectees are put back into contact with the recruiters to get more paperwork completed and to be ushered along in the enlistment/commissioning process.

24 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Well you guys heard the man. TIME TO GO HARD ON OURSELVES! 😜

• Like 1

Guest Guy Sanchez
1 minute ago, admdelta said:

Well you guys heard the man. TIME TO GO HARD ON OURSELVES! 😜

No homo, but what does that mean?

Nothing from Wisconsin here either, I’m just assuming it’s a no for now, and if I hear different about an interview, it will be some awesome news.

I just hope they will be give some constructive criticism if it is, in fact, a no.

Guys, I lied

I was definitely still holding out hope. I guess I’ll email them tomorrow and ask for feedback. On to the next one!

Congrats and good luck to those that got an interview!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, N730 said:

Guys, I lied emoji115.pngemoji115.pngemoji115.png

I was definitely still holding out hope. I guess I’ll email them tomorrow and ask for feedback. On to the next one!

Congrats and good luck to those that got an interview!

Did they contact you with a no?

Edited by admdelta

Did they contact you with a no?

Not yet, and I’m not sure they will with the number of applications.

This post just gave me the impression that they’d heard from the recruiters that they’d sent notification to selectees.

It sucks but I wouldn't be too hard on yourselves... I talked to the recruiters from Minnesota and Wisconsin and they said historically they like to hire from within. Now whether that is true or not is the next question...

Possibly misunderstood him though.

6 minutes ago, N730 said:

This post just gave me the impression that they’d heard from the recruiters that they’d sent notification to selectees.

Ooh sorry, I misunderstood you. In any case, hopefully they do get back to us so we can delete those YouTube videos already, lol.

Now I'm gonna go ahead and clean up all these random downvotes that just rolled through here...

Guest Guy Sanchez
9 minutes ago, N730 said:

Possibly misunderstood him though.

they probably already notified their selectees. And it's just us 3 in here quibbling about if they sent them yet :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, BadGuySplash said:

I have 0 views on my youtube video. My app didn't even make it past the initial screening to get my video watched haha. Why am I even trying for fighter units, life would be so much simpler if I just applied to heavy units 🤪

Have you gotten any feedback from anybody on your application package, whether it be board members or people around here?

3 hours ago, BadGuySplash said:

I have 0 views on my youtube video. My app didn't even make it past the initial screening to get my video watched haha. Why am I even trying for fighter units, life would be so much simpler if I just applied to heavy units 🤪

I can tell you that no notifications at all have gone out yet since our Ops are split right now from a delay in getting people back from a TDY to Europe.  I'm expecting to send out everything tomorrow.

@BadGuySplash, PM me your youtube link.  I personally watched every video and read every application, so if one fell through the cracks I want to know about it.  It could be that youtube just hasn't updated the ticker in realtime, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

@KingKid Don't know if its my place to say anything, but I'll do it anyway... Worrying is not going to add anything more than grey hair to you (if you don't already have some 😅). As far as personalities are concerned, from the fighter pilots (and pilots I've met in general) there is no cookie cutter type out there... just a bunch that loves flying and worked their tails off to make their dreams come true (again just from my experience). Just be yourself and really if it's meant to be, you'll find a home, even if it's not with a fighter squadron... life isn't over if you fly heavies (you're still flying AND serving your country :usa:), they love what they fly as much as the fighter guys.

**Steps off soapbox**

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:58 PM, herkbum said:

emoji115.png

We don't even let the recruiters touch the packets until we've decided who we're going to interview.  If you are applying to the Louisiana ANG and you aren't talking to a pilot, you aren't actually applying.  Recruiters don't recruit pilots.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, Ultimate Fighter Pilot said:
Nope. 

For those that haven’t checked their email, Madison sent a courtesy message to applicants letting us know that the notifications have been pushed back a few days due to the delayed return from their TDY. They said expect decisions before the weekend and it sounds like we can expect mail either way.

Thanks @BadgersUPT for the update!

Edited by N730
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We don't even let the recruiters touch the packets until we've decided who we're going to interview.  If you are applying to the Louisiana ANG and you aren't talking to a pilot, you aren't actually applying.  Recruiters don't recruit pilots.   

I guess every unit does it different. We have always talked to the prospects and let them visit/hang out. We announce our boards thru Recruiting, who puts out the formal announcement that we write. Using Recruiting allows us to screen folks even more since all ANG ascensions have to pre-qualify and the recruiters are the expert there. When we write the announcement, we put our requirements in there as well as the recruiters putting the basic requirements in. We let them compile the packets and then we decide who we want to interview. Keeps a lot of extra work off our plates and leta the folks that are the experts in the paperwork do their job.