Jump to content
Baseops Forums

Recommended Posts

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant? I'm prior E and have a bit of flying under my belt but i graduate in 2020. Just wondering if it would be sensical to even apply for this board for someone in my position or if it would even be the same process for UPT sponsorship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant? I'm prior E and have a bit of flying under my belt but i graduate in 2020. Just wondering if it would be sensical to even apply for this board for someone in my position or if it would even be the same process for UPT sponsorship.

Their job listing says you must have at least 90 credit hours and be no further than 1 calendar year from graduating. So I think you’re too far out 

http://www.187fw.ang.af.mil/Careers/Pilot-Hiring-Board-Information/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant?

I would ask them. You are in a relatively new and not normal situation going from ROTC to Reserve/Guard. There is a good chance they don't know the details of the program or even that it exists. I had to explain the total commissioning program it to all the squadrons I applied to because it was the first they heard of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Ahh then i feel as though I may be in a predicament where the next board may be too late.

You should just call or send an email and ask. Worst they can do is say no, better to hear it from them than out speculation though.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2018 at 10:23 PM, BadgersUPT said:

The 176 Fighter Squadron (part of the 115 Fighter Wing) in Madison, WI will be having a hiring board for Undergraduate Pilot Training candidates seeking to fly the F-16 25 October 2018.  Packages are due 13 August 2018.  Please reference the below website for details.  

http://www.115fw.ang.af.mil/About/Careers/Pilot-Training/

Please email 176fs.upt@gmail with any questions. 

Just a reminder that the 176 FS UPT application deadline is coming up on August 13.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody know if there's anything coming up for 731st AS at Peterson, or if there's a POC there? I seriously can't find a trace anywhere on the internet. Even my recruiter can't figure it out. 😩

Edited by admdelta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, UPTapplicant2017 said:

Any updates on the 104th FS in Baltimore? 

I heard from a friend that New Jersey interview notification emails were sent the other day. 

Buddy of mine got a rejection from 104th FS in Baltimore, but haven't heard of any interview invites from anyone yet.

I haven't heard anything from them either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patch said:

Buddy of mine got a rejection from 104th FS in Baltimore, but haven't heard of any interview invites from anyone yet.

I haven't heard anything from them either.

Interview invites went out last week I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who else is embarrassed and insecure about their 2-3 minute video that the 176th required? I want to delete mine asap 😳

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petty Pilot 69 said:

Who else is embarrassed and insecure about their 2-3 minute video that the 176th required? I want to delete mine asap 😳

The thought of doing it made me put it off until early August but once I actually went through with it I enjoyed it. I don't like talking about myself especially on video but good things happen when you step outside your comfort zone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, John3806 said:

The thought of doing it made me put it off until early August but once I actually went through with it I enjoyed it. I don't like talking about myself especially on video but good things happen when you step outside your comfort zone. 

That feeling when you look at your video and the whole squadron down voted it 😰

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2018 at 9:15 AM, Petty Pilot 69 said:

Who else is embarrassed and insecure about their 2-3 minute video that the 176th required? I want to delete mine asap 😳

Super. I actually decided to post it in the Pilot Network facebook group to get some feedback before I posted it and it was just an endless wave of "OMG SHAVE AND PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS." 😞That said it was really good feedback.

How do you know they all downvoted you though??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, admdelta said:

Super. I actually decided to post it in the Pilot Network facebook group to get some feedback before I posted it and it was just an endless wave of "OMG SHAVE AND PULL THE STICK OUT OF YOUR ASS." 😞That said it was really good feedback.

How do you know they all downvoted you though??

I saw that post in the Pilot Network and read through all the comments too. Always good feedback on that site. You survived your first murder board! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, John3806 said:

I saw that post in the Pilot Network and read through all the comments too. Always good feedback on that site. You survived your first murder board! 

Sweet should I add that experience to my packages from now on? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bigdreams said:

Anyone hear interview notifications lately?

Last week I got a big fat no for the 176/168th dual upt board in Alaska. To old, to low of a PCSM score. 

Edited by Adamw412

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Adamw412 said:

Last week I got a big fat no for the 176/168th dual upt board in Alaska. To old, to low of a PCSM score. 

In this case how old is too old? Are they a hard 30? I was wanting to apply with them next time around since I missed this one and I'm 29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×