Upcoming Boards

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:02 PM, FalconAg said:

Username/airframe checks

Walked into that one (STS)...

(going to have to STS every damn thing I say from now on.... geez...)

• Like 1

Speaking of the 187th, does anyone know if they are currently accepting packages and when the deadline to submit is?

Their website says they will start accepting packages in the spring of 2018 which has obviously passed. When I called the recruiter down there, he told me to keep checking the website for updates, but that portion of the website looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2017.

I wasn’t sure if this years board was possibly being cancelled or something since they’re slated to shift airframes.

1 hour ago, N730 said:

Speaking of the 187th, does anyone know if they are currently accepting packages and when the deadline to submit is?

Their website says they will start accepting packages in the spring of 2018 which has obviously passed. When I called the recruiter down there, he told me to keep checking the website for updates, but that portion of the website looks like it hasn’t been updated since 2017.

I wasn’t sure if this years board was possibly being cancelled or something since they’re slated to shift airframes.

http://www.187fw.ang.af.mil/Careers/Pilot-Hiring-Board-Information/

December.

The 176 Fighter Squadron (part of the 115 Fighter Wing) in Madison, WI will be having a hiring board for Undergraduate Pilot Training candidates seeking to fly the F-16 25 October 2018.  Packages are due 13 August 2018.  Please reference the below website for details.  

http://www.115fw.ang.af.mil/About/Careers/Pilot-Training/

Please email 176fs.upt@gmail with any questions. 

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:40 AM, WillFlyForCoffee said:

Just a last reminder- the packages for the105th Airlift Wing, 137th Airlift Squadron are due in by June 4th! Don't miss your shot to fly the Hudson Valley Hauler's C-17s!

Has anybody heard anything about when they will send out interview invites?

So I’m not going to able to convince the wife to let me spend $250 on consulting for an application packet. I was talking to a guy earlier but he ghosted on me. Does anyone mind letting me look at their resume and cover letter for an example? Help a brother out.

18 minutes ago, Deuce362 said:

So I’m not going to able to convince the wife to let me spend $250 on consulting for an application packet. I was talking to a guy earlier but he ghosted on me. Does anyone mind letting me look at their resume and cover letter for an example? Help a brother out.

Click on the link for the upcoming 119th FS UPT board. This is a basic example of how things should be. Also, most boards give instruction on what they what in the packets. 

http://www.177fw.ang.af.mil/Portals/68/documents/UPT/UPT Package - 2018.pdf?ver=2018-05-29-111104-047

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Engineer2Pilot said:

Is anyone else reading on the 119th FS application site that you can send an app in as an email only? Or does it have to be physical mail AND an email? Having trouble getting in contact with someone at the unit who can answer this Q. 

Do you really want to take that chance? Do both if you’re unsure.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, Tnkrdriver said:

The 133rd ARS is hiring SUPT Pilots for to fly the KC-46A. Minimum requirements include a bachelors degree, AFOQT/TBAS, and start pilot training before reaching the age of 30. View more detailed info about the board and further requirements at http://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Units/157th-Operations-Group/133rd-Air-Refueling-Squadron/ 

nhang-football.jpg.9c8676cd8640f927c2bd6cd235e44a77.jpg

On 6/12/2018 at 12:13 PM, Engineer2Pilot said:

Is the 187th FW 3.0 gpa requirement a throw your app in the trash if you apply with a 2.52? Even with 90 pilot and pcsm? 

A little late, but if your degree is in engineering as your username implies, you should be able to make the argument that your 2.5 is easily an underwater basketweaving 3. And I say that as an underwater basketweaving major. 

38 minutes ago, Engineer2Pilot said:

Can't say I disagree. I did notice on this years board the 187th FW took off the 85+ PCSM requirement to apply. I wonder if there is a "waiver" so I can apply anyway. Any Alabama ANG guys on here to comment?

I’m not but you might as well just apply. What’s the worse they could say?

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant? I'm prior E and have a bit of flying under my belt but i graduate in 2020. Just wondering if it would be sensical to even apply for this board for someone in my position or if it would even be the same process for UPT sponsorship.

4 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant? I'm prior E and have a bit of flying under my belt but i graduate in 2020. Just wondering if it would be sensical to even apply for this board for someone in my position or if it would even be the same process for UPT sponsorship.

Their job listing says you must have at least 90 credit hours and be no further than 1 calendar year from graduating. So I think you’re too far out 

http://www.187fw.ang.af.mil/Careers/Pilot-Hiring-Board-Information/

5 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Anyone know if the 187th would entertain an application from an ROTC applicant?

I would ask them. You are in a relatively new and not normal situation going from ROTC to Reserve/Guard. There is a good chance they don't know the details of the program or even that it exists. I had to explain the total commissioning program it to all the squadrons I applied to because it was the first they heard of it.

6 hours ago, ayz33 said:

Ahh then i feel as though I may be in a predicament where the next board may be too late.

You should just call or send an email and ask. Worst they can do is say no, better to hear it from them than out speculation though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:23 PM, BadgersUPT said:

The 176 Fighter Squadron (part of the 115 Fighter Wing) in Madison, WI will be having a hiring board for Undergraduate Pilot Training candidates seeking to fly the F-16 25 October 2018.  Packages are due 13 August 2018.  Please reference the below website for details.  

http://www.115fw.ang.af.mil/About/Careers/Pilot-Training/

Please email 176fs.upt@gmail with any questions. 

Just a reminder that the 176 FS UPT application deadline is coming up on August 13.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Anybody know if there's anything coming up for 731st AS at Peterson, or if there's a POC there? I seriously can't find a trace anywhere on the internet. Even my recruiter can't figure it out. 😩

Edited by admdelta

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, UPTapplicant2017 said:

Any updates on the 104th FS in Baltimore? 

I heard from a friend that New Jersey interview notification emails were sent the other day. 

Buddy of mine got a rejection from 104th FS in Baltimore, but haven't heard of any interview invites from anyone yet.

I haven't heard anything from them either.