Upcoming Boards

It was a board for both units. They are holding a board, probably, this fall, for a upt class date of spring 2016.

Cool, do you know if they're still accepting applications and what that deadline might be? I see on the ANG recruiting website that they have a position available, but no info on the board. On the 142nd website, there are listings for jobs, but none for the pilot position: http://www.142fw.ang.af.mil/resources/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=11866

Edited by xcraftllc

From OR:

"I want to thank you for your interest in the Oregon Air National Guard

(ORANG). We are extremely excited about the quality and quantity of
candidates who applied for this year’s UPT board.
Unfortunately, we need to postpone this year’s UPT board until the fall of
2014. This recent decision was based on communication with the National
Guard Bureau, Air Force Air Combat Command and the F-15 Replacement Training
Unit. ORANG had anticipated sending two individuals to UPT in the spring of
2015. Now the earliest we can expect a class date is the fall of 2016
(over a one-year delay). In light of this information, we do not feel it is
appropriate to offer someone a UPT slot this spring and then keep them “in
limbo” for well over two years. The exact date of our fall 2014 UPT board
is being deliberated.
I thank you for the time and effort put into preparing your UPT package.
Your application will be added to our master data base, and will be
considered for a UPT board this fall. If you need to submit more current
information, we will gladly accept updates to your application. Please
monitor our website for the most current information, and thank you for your
interest in the Oregon Air National Guard"

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling that with the budget in limbo, this will become a trend item for guard and res units.

So odd considering how much emphasis has been placed on palace chase by the current FM debacle. I guess those trying to come in of the street are at the far end I the budget/manning whip.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Heads up: 106th in NY will be holding a board in July.

Where did you get this gouge? I've been monitoring the rescue wings from a distance, but all I've seen is AK is hiring soon.

edit: past, present, and future tense is hard.

Edited by dfgyu76

So odd considering how much emphasis has been placed on palace chase by the current FM debacle. I guess those trying to come in of the street are at the far end I the budget/manning whip.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Yeah. The budget cuts are also slashing the number of aircraft units have, and which units are going to be TFI's vs stay total guard. Units like the Idaho unit MIGHT be losing their Aircraft and going to a TFI. Typically that means same amount of A/C and twice as many pilots. Then look at units like the ORANG that might be losing up to 15 planes. Thats a huge hit to the pilot manning requirements. Yes, there are a lot of guys that are being forced out of AD, but that also might mean more qualified guys are going to be looking for jobs. It will be interesting to see where the off the street guys will sit in a few months when the dust settles.

Well, I was picked up by the 148FW. This forum has been an absolute staple in helping me along the way. As a non-prior enlisted dude, I felt like a fish out of water most of the time. So, thank you everyone for all the help that has been poured into this awesome site!!! Feel free to PM me if you guys/gals have any questions at all. I want to be able to give as much back as I can. :beer:

• Upvote 3

Well, I was picked up by the 148FW. This forum has been an absolute staple in helping me along the way. As a non-prior enlisted dude, I felt like a fish out of water most of the time. So, thank you everyone for all the help that has been poured into this awesome site!!! Feel free to PM me if you guys/gals have any questions at all. I want to be able to give as much back as I can. :beer:

Congratulations man, I'll take you up on that offer here in a bit!

This guy deserved it, and I'm so happy I won't have to compete against him at future boards. :beer:

Bird, I actually was digging yesterday on the 192 site. It's pretty weak, not much info. I couldn't even find recruiter phone numbers to call at first look unless I'm just not seeing it. Other than that, it seems like a lot of units (mostly fighters) have either pushed boards to 2015 or hadn't even had one scheduled this year. Anybody have any gouge on Tulsa?

Interviewing with the 190th FS in Boise this week.....hope it goes well. I'll post in the interview questions thread later this week with some gouge. If anyone else is in town for their interview let me know and we can go grab a beer downtown.

Bird, I actually was digging yesterday on the 192 site. It's pretty weak, not much info. I couldn't even find recruiter phone numbers to call at first look unless I'm just not seeing it. Other than that, it seems like a lot of units (mostly fighters) have either pushed boards to 2015 or hadn't even had one scheduled this year. Anybody have any gouge on Tulsa?

I am new to the forum, hope everyone is doing well, but came across this and Tulsa (138th Fighter Wing) does not have any plans for a UPT board in 2014. I was put on a list of updates to whether or not they would spin a board up in 2014 or not, so I will post if I receive any updates.

Interviewing with the 190th FS in Boise this week.....hope it goes well. I'll post in the interview questions thread later this week with some gouge. If anyone else is in town for their interview let me know and we can go grab a beer downtown.

Good luck, I'm interested in knowing how they feel knowing they may be switching to the strike eagles.

Anyone here apply to the 76th Fighter Squadron? I saw there posting here but couldn't find it on their website. Just wanted to see if anyone could vouch for its legitimacy before I send my sensitive information over to a hotmail address.

Give them a call, that's a sure fire way to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

The 115th FW has also posted a board. Be advised, although it says that the applications will be accepted until October 18th on their website, they will only be accepting until the 26th of June. Therefore I will not be able to participate, good luck to those who do.

From the Wisconsin Recruiter:

"We will be excepting UPT applications until 26 June...We are waiting for them to update the new date."

Also, New Jersey is as well but says that all dates are TBD. I guess the sequester is really scrambling the timelines for guard units.

Edited by xcraftllc