Upcoming Boards

2 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

I'm pretty sure that the May board was the first of more frequent (monthlyish?) boards like the NGB. I can't remember the exact cycle.

It was the first AFRC board held at Randolph instead of HQ AFRC.

The next AFRC board will be 5-6 Sept 2017. AFRC will then begin hosting UFT boards every other month (Sept, Nov, Jan, Mar, May July).  UFT packages are due no later than close of business the final day of the month prior to each month a board is held.  

Edited by Dynamite
  • Upvote 1

122FS (F-15C) is having a board during October drill (13-15 Oct) by invitation.  Please see the LA ANG is hiring thread for details and drill dates for visits.  We have openings for experienced as well as UPT hopefuls!  

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 4:49 AM, McGuiness said:

I'm currently enlisted in AFRC, and I talked to a recruiter and he basically told me because of me being enlisted I will have to do all of the leg work in finding open slots. Where do you find availabilities ? 

This is correct, and it can be frustrating since there is no guidance. But nothing worthwhile comes easy so don't let that discourage you.  you can look on http://www.guardreservejobs.com/ to see available spots for guard and reserve. If don't see the unit that you would like to apply to on that site, then you will have to do the leg work of finding phone numbers for the squadrons and asking the chief pilot when will they be having their next board. Best advice I can give you is to go visit the units you are interested in and have some face time with as many people as possible. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

WANT TO BE A TULSA VIPER??? 125FS IS HIRING!!!

APPS ARE DUE 17 SEPT 17, BOARD 4 NOV 17, VISITS ENCOURAGED

ELIGIBILITY:

28 years old or less

Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University, or be within 1-Year of Graduation

Working towards a Private Pilot’s License (Minimum)

United States Citizen

UTA SCHEDULE 2017

AUG 5-6

SEPT 16-17

OCT 14-15

NOV 4-5

APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST INCLUDE:

Cover Letter

Resume (2 Page max)

Official AFOQT Score (Screenshot)

Official PCMS Score (Screenshot)

Copy of Flying Certificates

Copy of Last Page of Logbook w/ Totals

Copy of Official Transcript

Letters of Recommendation (3 Max)

Last 2 Performance Reports (If Current/Prior Service)

Picture

Please compile all required documents into a single PDF and email to Capt Neil “Cisco” Corran at: neil.t.corran.mil@mail.mil. Applications are due no later than 1600 on 17 SEPT 17. Notifications to interview will be sent out by 08 OCT 2017. Visits are encouraged. Please see UTA Schedule above and contact Capt Corran via email or 918-833-7370 to coordinate a visit. Capt Corran is also the POC if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

Tulsa UPT board.pdf

WANT TO BE A TULSA VIPER??? 125FS IS HIRING!!!

APPS ARE DUE 17 SEPT 17, BOARD 4 NOV 17, VISITS ENCOURAGED

ELIGIBILITY:

28 years old or less

Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University, or be within 1-Year of Graduation

Working towards a Private Pilot’s License (Minimum)

United States Citizen

UTA SCHEDULE 2017

AUG 5-6

SEPT 16-17

OCT 14-15

NOV 4-5

APPLICATION PACKAGES MUST INCLUDE:

Cover Letter

Resume (2 Page max)

Official AFOQT Score (Screenshot)

Official PCMS Score (Screenshot)

Copy of Flying Certificates

Copy of Last Page of Logbook w/ Totals

Copy of Official Transcript

Letters of Recommendation (3 Max)

Last 2 Performance Reports (If Current/Prior Service)

Picture

Please compile all required documents into a single PDF and email to Capt Neil “Cisco” Corran at: neil.t.corran.mil@mail.mil. Applications are due no later than 1600 on 17 SEPT 17. Notifications to interview will be sent out by 08 OCT 2017. Visits are encouraged. Please see UTA Schedule above and contact Capt Corran via email or 918-833-7370 to coordinate a visit. Capt Corran is also the POC if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:10 PM, Dynamite said:

The next AFRC board will be 5-6 Sept 2017. AFRC will then begin hosting UFT boards every other month (Sept, Nov, Jan, Mar, May July).  UFT packages are due no later than close of business the final day of the month prior to each month a board is held.  

Do you mean that AFRC will be hosting bimonthly boards to interview unsponsored candidates/ratify sponsored candidate hiring decisions made by individual Reserve units? My understanding has been that Reserve units still hold their own boards, and their hiring decisions get approved by AFRC. Is my understanding correct, or has the process changed?

Edited by dsharpless

1 hour ago, dsharpless said:

Do you mean that AFRC will be hosting bimonthly boards to interview unsponsored candidates/ratify sponsored candidate hiring decisions made by individual Reserve units? My understanding has been that Reserve units still hold their own boards, and their hiring decisions get approved by AFRC. Is my understanding correct, or has the process changed?

Your understanding is correct. The only change is in how often the AFRC boards occur. Up until recent, only two boards were held per year. One in the summer and one in the winter. Now they are having a board every two months. Candidates will continue to require sponsorship by an unit or send their unsponsored application directly to the board via a recruiter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2017 at 8:30 AM, Rycast said:

Is there any chance of the 192nd FW hiring, ever? Because they're right on my doorstep... and they fly F-22's...

Should I call these people, or am I wasting my time and theirs?

Location isn't the end-all for me. I do have this conception (perhaps incorrect) that it would be a lot easier to go AD and get paid to go anywhere they tell me, whereas if I go to a specific base for ANG / Reserves, I'd have to pay my own way to get there and have to worry about getting a day job at the new location. I can totally understand doing that to fly fighters, but ANG doesn't really pay much, correct? So if I go that route, I've got to forget doing this as a career?

Every unit hires.  So YES call them, it shouldn't even be a question.  Do everything you can to get your foot in the door and get to know them.  Regarding pay, it depends upon if you are on full time orders or part time orders.  Every unit is different, but if a unit has the alert mission there will be more full time spots available.  Yes you can make this a career without needing a second job.

On 6/12/2017 at 0:13 AM, Sit On Acorns said:

While I'm a bit disappointed to see the growing trend of monetizing the guard application process, bogidope's job listings are more comprehensive than afpilotjobs'. And last time I checked the bogidope site, the job listing page is free (not the fancy map, but the basic list). I got interviewed by a unit I never would have known was even having a board due to bogidope, as it wasn't listed on afpilotjobs. (I do not pay a subscription to bogidope)

For what it's worth, I've put together a hiring board spreadsheet that I used when I got hired 10 years ago.  It's updated as of yesterday and has dates, website links, PDF attachments, and a list of all guard fighter units.  Feel free to check it out. 

It's at www.howtobecomeafighterpilot.com

Edited by GEKO

19 hours ago, jonlbs said:

Any word from the 175th to anyone yet?

or 103rd AW

Weird to not hear back even with a no.

I just saw an awesome photo pop up on my Facebook feed (from the official ANG page) of a 175W/104FS A-10 taking off from a highway in Estonia as part of a training exercise, and the description says it was on 10 August. So the deployment is probably a good guess as to why there's been no word yet.

Edited by mb1685

On 8/13/2017 at 1:15 PM, mb1685 said:

I just saw an awesome photo pop up on my Facebook feed (from the official ANG page) of a 175W/104FS A-10 taking off from a highway in Estonia as part of a training exercise, and the description says it was on 10 August. So the deployment is probably a good guess as to why there's been no word yet.

I'm not in the circuit anymore but my buddy who applied there told me he got an interview. This was about ~2 weeks ago. 

The 133rd ARS is hiring pilots for FY18-FY19 to fly the KC-46A, Rated and UPT boards. Minimum requirements include a bachelors degree, AFOQT/TBAS, and start pilot training before reaching the age of 30. View more detailed info about the board and further requirements at http://www.157arw.ang.af.mil/Units/157th-Operations-Group/133rd-Air-Refueling-Squadron/