Upcoming Boards

14 minutes ago, 1nfrequentF1yer said:

That's interesting/hilarious since I applied to them a year ago, got the "Received" response, and never heard again either way. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah definitely an interesting timeline for that one. They were super delayed due to covid, ops tempo, etc. and pretty sure they only reached out to those selected for zoom interviews, and that was 9 months post deadline

1 hour ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Anybody hear yes or no from CPW? I got a random email from an AFRES recruiter that said "congrats again on your selection" but did not refer to what I had been selected for. Thinking either mistaken identity or I missed an email from the CPW folks. 

This is your new identity now. Take it and run.

Edited by CavGuy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Anybody hear yes or no from CPW? I got a random email from an AFRES recruiter that said "congrats again on your selection" but did not refer to what I had been selected for. Thinking either mistaken identity or I missed an email from the CPW folks. 

I've heard back and from what I was told a list of us have been selected. I'm assuming you applied to CPW?

6 hours ago, S_E said:

Any body else see this in the new BogiDope article and have some more insight? 

image.png.f4a2da73b7dd1a834bb29908d69bc1a7.png

https://bogidope.com/upt/the-state-of-the-upt-pipeline-2021/

Was wondering if this applied only to Reserve units or ANG units as well. Additionally I thought unsponsored candidates only ever go to heavy units so could we assume this clause doesn't apply to fighter units?

2 minutes ago, NABO said:

Was wondering if this applied only to Reserve units or ANG units as well. Additionally I thought unsponsored candidates only ever go to heavy units so could we assume this clause doesn't apply to fighter units?

Unsponsored is an AFRC thing, so it only applies to the Reserves. Also from what I’ve heard it’s hypothetically possible for an unsponsored candidate to go to a fighter unit, it’s just rare. 

1 hour ago, admdelta said:

Unsponsored is an AFRC thing, so it only applies to the Reserves. Also from what I’ve heard it’s hypothetically possible for an unsponsored candidate to go to a fighter unit, it’s just rare. 

I know of one guy who got fighters through unsponsored, but his uncle was Chief of the Air Force 😂. True story. Otherwise, nearly impossible. 

1 hour ago, OldVMFAT said:

I know of one guy who got fighters through unsponsored, but his uncle was Chief of the Air Force 😂. True story. Otherwise, nearly impossible. 

1 of 2 hired at ft. Worth 457th this year was unsponsored no high up connections just a normal dude. It happens. Little bit of luck and timing is key

16 hours ago, Terminator5lf said:

1 of 2 hired at ft. Worth 457th this year was unsponsored no high up connections just a normal dude. It happens. Little bit of luck and timing is key

If you don’t mind, when did Ft Worth hire those last guys? Info on 457th boards was a bit unclear last year. 

21 hours ago, admdelta said:

Also was unsponsored with no high up connections; I will be heading to fighters. It's not common, but with good timing, luck, and a lot of hard work it is possible. 

Edited by WeekendPilot
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpaceCowboy91 said:

How did you get fighters?  Was it doing well at UPT?

Nope, haven't actually started UPT yet. Getting sponsored by a fighter squadron actually pushed my dates back to align me with a 38 slot. I just made whatever connections I could, put in an app anywhere that would accept one, cold called and emailed random squadrons, rushed everywhere I could, etc.. lots of time and effort, but the real work hasn't even started. Super stoked for everything to come!

I do know some studs that have been on the unsponsored path and made it into a fighter mid T-6s though. For those dudes, it was mainly performance and persistence based.

Edited by WeekendPilot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WeekendPilot said:

Nope, haven't actually started UPT yet. Getting sponsored by a fighter squadron actually pushed my dates back to align me with a 38 slot. I just made whatever connections I could, put in an app anywhere that would accept one, cold called and emailed random squadrons, rushed everywhere I could, etc.. lots of time and effort, but the real work hasn't even started. Super stoked for everything to come!

I do know some studs that have been on the unsponsored path and made it into a fighter mid T-6s though. For those dudes, it was mainly performance and persistence based.

This to a tee!!