Upcoming Boards

55 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

Please forgive the stupid question, but that's incredibly low, right?

And would it be just as stupid to assume that's somehow related to COVID delays for current classes?

80 is low. Multiple AD boards have been cancelled/postponed. As of right now, AD is only planning one rated board for FY21. It’s possible they could add more. I guess it depends how well the first one goes. It’s safe to assume this is due, at least in part, to covid. 

Edited by markf12
  • Thanks 1

Here is some information I received: Air Force Reserve command has limited the amount of UPT slots for the upcoming fiscal year, realistically less than 50% of the pilot training allocation slots it usually does.  That is a total of 92 UPT slots for 2021.  Additionally they have 56 flying squadrons that are under 90% manned. The summation of that is AFRC is going to allocate its 92 slots for the undermanned units.

Edited by partyon38
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, partyon38 said:

Here is some information I received: Air Force Reserve command has limited the amount of UPT slots for the upcoming fiscal year, realistically less than 50% of the pilot training allocation slots it usually does.  That is a total of 92 UPT slots for 2021.  Additionally they have 56 flying squadrons that are under 90% manned. The summation of that is AFRC is going to allocate its 92 slots for the undermanned units.

This sounds a billion times more plausible. Was that from a Reserve recruiter?

7 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Hate to keeping asking the same question, but has anyone heard from Tulsa? I send an updated resume once every 4-6 weeks but I haven't heard anything since CO called to postpone in March. 

Heard they cancelled the board this year.  May want to call and confirm but that's the last I heard.  

I reached out to their POC. I will share if I hear anything. I’m hoping that maybe they had the deadline in BogiDope incorrect as the application wasn’t supposed to be due till 10/31, but it’s very possible they canceled the board.

If anyone wants the application documents feel free to PM me and I can share.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JabroniWizard said:

Might have missed this in the thread, but did Boise pull their upcoming board because of covid? Just saw that their posting on BogiDope was taken down.

Just heard Boise board is still happening as planned

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 10/1/2020 at 3:04 PM, Av8 said:

Just heard Boise board is still happening as planned

The POC told me yesterday that the board has been pushed to the right. "Most likely January." I downloaded the PDFs. Feel free to PM me and I can email them.

• Like 2