Upcoming Boards

1 hour ago, Checksix said:

Ever hear of them taking multiple days to give out invites? Trying to hold on some hope... haha

I haven’t heard of a unit doing that before but I hear ya. You never know. 

Edited by pilotcrum

38 minutes ago, jel1990 said:

Do they normally always send out a decline email? Rickenbacker is the first unit I’ve applied to so I’m still unsure of how the process works.

No worries! It totally depends on each unit. Some will send out rejection letters, some will not. It is unlikely that when invites get sent out, they take multiple days to do so. Its usually all on the same day.

On 8/23/2020 at 3:22 PM, Checksix said:

Ever hear of them taking multiple days to give out invites? Trying to hold on some hope... haha

I could see everyones email address who got the invite. its like 58 other dudes. Sorry man if you didn't get it the other day, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

However, Hawaii ANG's recruiter told me today that they are "slowly sending out a yes or no" to everyone and that everyone should expect to hear "soon" one way or the other. No clue what counts as soon, but I'm thinking everyone should have an answer from them within the next few days. 

Anyone heard anything from Dallas? They told me a month ago that they were still waiting on the final step before the next interview, and that they think they will be getting back to us in "weeks not months." Sure has been slow going. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, markf12 said:

I could see everyones email address who got the invite. its like 58 other dudes. Sorry man if you didn't get it the other day, I wouldn't hold my breath. 

However, Hawaii ANG's recruiter told me today that they are "slowly sending out a yes or no" to everyone and that everyone should expect to hear "soon" one way or the other. No clue what counts as soon, but I'm thinking everyone should have an answer from them within the next few days. 

Anyone heard anything from Dallas? They told me a month ago that they were still waiting on the final step before the next interview, and that they think they will be getting back to us in "weeks not months." Sure has been slow going. 

Dallas...Texas? What unit is here lol?

51 minutes ago, jel1990 said:

Anyone know of any upcoming boards for the C-17? I’ve done some research but haven’t come up with anything as of yet.

I recommend calling units that haven't posted anything lately. Many units don't advertise they are hiring unless you call them.

23 hours ago, markf12 said:

Yeah if anyone else is waiting on Fort Worth and/or Tulsa and has info that'd be great. Haven't heard from Tulsa since April, and from Fort Worth since that "a few weeks" email in mid-July

23 hours ago, jel1990 said:

Anyone know of any upcoming boards for the C-17? I’ve done some research but haven’t come up with anything as of yet.

I might check other units SC, MS, AK,NY websites and check the recruiting page/call the unit recruiters; they might be quietly advertising. I know NY was flooded with a ton of applications last board. 

The 162nd Wing is asking for a completed DD Form 369 for police record check to be included with the application.

Does anybody have experience with this form? Are we supposed to fill out Section I and II and submit? Or do they want us to bring this to a police agency to have it completed entirely?

If you read the form, the intention is for it to be completed and sent out by a recruiter. It's not making a ton of sense.

Edited by ZR-1

1 hour ago, ZR-1 said:

The 162nd Wing is asking for a completed DD Form 369 for police record check to be included with the application.

Does anybody have experience with this form? Are we supposed to fill out Section I and II and submit? Or do they want us to bring this to a police agency to have it completed entirely?

If you read the form, the intention is for it to be completed and sent out by a recruiter. It's not making a ton of sense.

All the previous boards I have applied too that require the 369 simply want you to attach the filled out DD 369 with your info and then the squadron itself will submit it for a record check if they so choose.

• Upvote 1

Anybody heard from Tennessee yet?  Spoke directly over the phone and was expecting notifications last week. 

They did not go out last week as was originally expected. They were working on it yesterday when I stopped by the DO’s office. Everyone be patient, lots going on. Notifications can literally be any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Upvote 1