Upcoming Boards

Does the 315th AW out of Charleston hire prior-e off the street? Or even have a board?

With Charleston being the largest active C-17 base I’m not sure if the reserve side even needs to have boards. 

Anyone else feel like they’ve been nonstop waiting to hear back from Units since January? I understand COVID, but man the “pending or lack of response” is killing me, I’ll take a yes or no at this point just so I can have my mind at peace and not left in limbo.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dangerzone said:

Anyone else feel like they’ve been nonstop waiting to hear back from Units since January? I understand COVID, but man the “pending or lack of response” is killing me, I’ll take a yes or no at this point just so I can have my mind at peace and not left in limbo.  

What units are you waiting on? Might be able to help put your mind at ease on a few of them.

2 hours ago, Terminator5lf said:

What units are you waiting on? Might be able to help put your mind at ease on a few of them.

I'm still waiting on Hawaii, Jacksonville F15s, DC F16s, and interview results for the Long Island HH60s. Hear anything about these?

1 hour ago, Yeeyee said:

I'm still waiting on Hawaii, Jacksonville F15s, DC F16s, and interview results for the Long Island HH60s. Hear anything about these?

Hawaii sent out invites early this week. DC still delayed after being activated, going to reach out to them soon and try and get an update. Jax said initial phone interviews late August so probably a week or so. Long Island was never involved with that process so can’t help you there. If you got an interview with them though and it’s been that long I would reach out to the POC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

This may not be the best place to post this but anybody know of any units that might be more apt to consider an exception to policy waiver for a prior rated guy? I don’t expect much with the hiring climate being the way it is but I’d sure like to finish out my 20 if I could. Can discuss specifics via PM if necessary. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, when applications call for "TBAS Score" and "PCSM Score", those are the same thing, right? I mean, you take the TBAS to get a PCSM score, correct?

Never really considered I could be off base here, so I figured I'd ask before I DQ myself for something silly/easily correctable.

Edited by GreenArc

32 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

Just to make sure I'm not missing anything, when applications call for "TBAS Score" and "PCSM Score", those are the same thing, right? I mean, you take the TBAS to get a PCSM score, correct?

Never really considered I could be off base here, so I figured I'd ask before I DQ myself for something silly/easily correctable.

Haha I can relate. Your official TBAS score the AF never releases.  I pulled this from the AF TBAS site, "There is no such thing as a "TBAS score", per se.  The TBAS actually produces a number of individual scores, all of which are combined with the AFOQT Pilot and flight hours values to yield the PCSM score.

So yes you are correct they are the same thing. Not sure why some units ask for both.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Terminator5lf said:

Haha I can relate. Your official TBAS score the AF never releases.  I pulled this from the AF TBAS site, "There is no such thing as a "TBAS score", per se.  The TBAS actually produces a number of individual scores, all of which are combined with the AFOQT Pilot and flight hours values to yield the PCSM score.

So yes you are correct they are the same thing. Not sure why some units ask for both.

Ha ha Glad I wasn't alone! Thanks a ton for the education and peace of mind, brother!

1 minute ago, CavGuy said:

Does anyone have experience turning down a UPT offer from one unit when you receive an offer for a unit closer to your home a month later? 

No but tell them I'll take your place and that should smooth things over. 😉

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, admdelta said:

No but tell them I'll take your place and that should smooth things over. 😉

I should clarify that I am NOT currently in this situation, but want to be prepared in the event I am that lucky...lol

• Haha 1