Upcoming Boards

Thanks for the info @GreenArc!

@Yeeyee I know someone that got a call from Toledo last Thursday. To answer your question, it was the rejection email that went out this morning.

On another note, like @goodflightcowboymentioned, I know some people that got the TBNT email from South Dakota but it sounds like those were individually addressed and I still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone actually hear that they got an invite yet? Wondering if they are still going down the list sending out rejects/invites. I know they got a lot more applications this year than they historically have. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, SubsidedRhyme11 said:

Apps due a couple weeks ago with interview notifications before August, -130’s.

Wow. Mind if I ask where you found the posting/how you got word? If when another comes up, especially for the HH-60, I want to be sure I don’t miss that! I can take this to PM too if that’s better to avoid clutter, but figured asking here may help others as well.

17 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

Wow. Mind if I ask where you found the posting/how you got word? If when another comes up, especially for the HH-60, I want to be sure I don’t miss that! I can take this to PM too if that’s better to avoid clutter, but figured asking here may help others as well.

No worries, I actually emailed their unit directly and asked when the next hiring board was. Best advice I can give is that if you have interest in a unit, email/call and ask about when their next board is. Some don’t publicly post online.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:58 AM, Burt said:

Anyone actually hear that they got an invite yet? Wondering if they are still going down the list sending out rejects/invites. I know they got a lot more applications this year than they historically have. 

I've been curious about the number of applications they received. Any idea how many they got? Their packet said they usually get 60 apps.

3 hours ago, glockenspiel said:

Crickets on Duluth for me too. Did get an call from 175th in SD for interview. 

Same story here- nothing from Duluth (yet, hopefully), but got an interview invite from Sioux Falls. Looks like I'll see you there!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cowdog said:

Anyone apply to the AFRC sponsored board that was held 14 July? 

I just want clarification in case I’m not correct.

AFRC basically means you apply to go through UPT unsponsored. As you’re going through, you hope to get picked up by a reserve unit? 

Sponsored AFRC means that you were selected beforehand by a specific unit? 

Is this correct? I’m starting to look into different avenues, as applying within the units doesn’t seem to be working out with so many applicants nowadays. 

2 hours ago, fadeawaydave said:

I just want clarification in case I’m not correct.

AFRC basically means you apply to go through UPT unsponsored. As you’re going through, you hope to get picked up by a reserve unit? 

Sponsored AFRC means that you were selected beforehand by a specific unit? 

Is this correct? I’m starting to look into different avenues, as applying within the units doesn’t seem to be working out with so many applicants nowadays. 

Correct!

I applied to the AFRC board this month. My recruiter told me it was pushed back a week and so far not sure what they’re doing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pilotcrum said:

Correct!

I applied to the AFRC board this month. My recruiter told me it was pushed back a week and so far not sure what they’re doing. 

Dang wouldn't that mean it would be held today? Haha...what a ride this has been. My sponsored package has been up at AFRC since January and they keep pushing boards back. Hoping for some different news tho 👍🏻

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cowdog said:

Dang wouldn't that mean it would be held today? Haha...what a ride this has been. My sponsored package has been up at AFRC since January and they keep pushing boards back. Hoping for some different news tho 👍🏻

Haha seriously! Mine has been in since January too so we’re in the same boat. Hoping they actually have this one!

Vermont Update so it is still a little ways out.

The Vermont Air National Guard will begin accepting applications 1 November 2020 for a spring 2021 Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) Board. The deadline for applications to be submitted is 31 December 2020.

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

thank you so much for the valuable information! I apologize in advance as I'm sure these questions have been asked multiple times but I'm more looking for advice rather than a definitive answer.

I have extensive experience working very closely with an F-16 ANG FW on a almost daily basis (civilian federal position), and while I don't know any of the pilots personally (everything was handled over comms) would it be appropriate to ask them for a letter of recommendation? From my understand LoR's should come from individuals who know your character and work ethic on a personal and professional level, but at the same time I worked with the pilots every day in fairly significant role, just never met them face to face. They probably recognize my voice though!

Additionally, while I am correctable to 20/20 vision (and flight surgeon passed for FAA use), I'm pretty sure I will need lasik. I know recovery time is 6 months and technically speaking I have to be 1 year past the operation to be eligible. If I want to try for the Vermont board in a few months, would you recommend I get it (which would obviously be now), or is it essentially already too late? Do you think there might be time after the board and before MEPS when I could theoretically qualify?  

Thanks!

I saw Charlotte ANG pop up on BogiDope this morning. I've already been picked up by another unit, but I just wanted to say I grew up here and its a fantastic place to live. If anyone gets an interview PM me and ill give you the rundown on what to do in uptown. 

Edited by OptFire

9 hours ago, Jim.Garcia said:

Called Jacksonville this afternoon and they said to expect delays for the telephone interviews as far as mid-August, and for everything else to get pushed to the right.

Thanks for checking! Really appreciate the update. 

• Like 1