Upcoming Boards

Folks that got selected for an interview with the 106 Rescue wing (101st rescue sq.) HH60s, did you receive an email? I got the interview invite for this Wednesday June 10, and they said there would be a follow up email, but nothing yet.

Also any word on the B1s out of Dyess? Apps were do mid this week

2 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Folks that got selected for an interview with the 106 Rescue wing (101st rescue sq.) HH60s, did you receive an email? I got the interview invite for this Wednesday June 10, and they said there would be a follow up email, but nothing yet.

My guess is the B-1 unit will send out invites this coming week considering the interview date is less than 2 weeks away.

16 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

my interview's on thursday with the 101st. i talked to the tsgt at recruiting. he didn't mention an incoming email though. good luck to ya!!

2 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Has anyone brought a bottle of liqour where you can only get from your local area to an interview? What are some pros and cons to this? I know applicants have done this while rushing, not sure if it's advisable after an interview while saying your goodbyes and thank yous. 

It's more the thought that counts, if you have some interesting story behind what special liquor you wanna bring then go for it and make it a conversation point with the bros there. Otherwise the standard applies. It's (in my own opinion) extremely unlikely for them to hire one person over another because they brought some unique liquor. If you're their guy, then it's a really nice finishing touch. If you aren't, then no barrels of whiskey will make it so. Good luck, be cool, be yourself!

3 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Has anyone brought a bottle of liqour where you can only get from your local area to an interview? What are some pros and cons to this? I know applicants have done this while rushing, not sure if it's advisable after an interview while saying your goodbyes and thank yous. 

Also this can backfire. Watched someone shoot themselves in the foot when they brought a specialty liquor "unique to the area" that everyone immediately made fun of. Obviously not a huge deal breaker like Infrequent Flyer said, but probably smart to just stick to quality liquor and let your app and interview do the talking. 

12 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Get you a nice bottle of Jeremiah Weed.

1 hour ago, ryleypav said:

Get you a nice bottle of Jeremiah Weed.

This. Also, if they don't sell it in your local area you CAN get it shipped across the country. You'll pay more for shipping that the bottle itself but it's worth it! 

The alcohol gift topic is actually one that's been on my mind of late, too, if I were to get an interview:

Let's just say you've got certain persuasions that keep you from buying/drinking alcohol. Any other ideas for a solid, non-alcoholic "finishing touch" type of gift?

Edited by GreenArc

6 minutes ago, GreenArc said:

The alcohol gift topic is actually one that's been on my mind of late, too, if I were to get an interview:

Let's just say you've got certain persuasions that keep you from buying/drinking alcohol. Any other ideas for a solid, non-alcoholic finishing touch?

$100 visa gift cards to each board member probably wouldn't hurt. 

Kidding aside, I personally never liked the idea of bringing gifts to strangers with an ulterior motive of trying to get hired. Being a military guy myself, I know that my peers and myself would see it as a "kissing ass" gesture. Sell yourself and your work/flying history. You can bring the booze when you're the snacko. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

$100 visa gift cards to each board member probably wouldn't hurt. 

Kidding aside, I personally never liked the idea of bringing gifts to strangers with an ulterior motive of trying to get hired. Being a military guy myself, I know that my peers and myself would see it as a "kissing ass" gesture. Sell yourself and your work/flying history. You can bring the booze when you're the snacko. 

Right on brother great insight and good to know! I had been mulling this one over a bit, and that's a ton with perspective.

2 hours ago, GreenArc said:

Let's just say you've got certain persuasions that keep you from buying/drinking alcohol. Any other ideas for a solid, non-alcoholic "finishing touch" type of gift?

Dude, no harm no foul on the drinking front. We’ve had guys rush our unit that had the same feelings. They got around it by bringing a couple of boxes of Einstein Brothers bagels and coffee. 

It was also said earlier and is worth repeating, no specific bottle is going to get you hired, regardless of the price, rarity, or nostalgia.

To be honest, the bottles I remember and appreciate the most were the ones that guys bought and then made them unique by attaching something squadron related to it or something else that is relevant to that particular applicant. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mp5g said:

Dude, no harm no foul on the drinking front. We’ve had guys rush our unit that had the same feelings. They got around it by bringing a couple of boxes of Einstein Brothers bagels and coffee. 

It was also said earlier and is worth repeating, no specific bottle is going to get you hired, regardless of the price, rarity, or nostalgia.

To be honest, the bottles I remember and appreciate the most were the ones that guys bought and then made them unique by attaching something squadron related to it or something else that is relevant to that particular applicant. 

Thanks a ton brother; that's a great idea and one I'll definitely keep in my back pocket!

1 hour ago, admdelta said:

I haven't heard anything either since the virtual meet-and-greet.

Is it a good idea to follow up or is that bad to do?

I dont know, but I'm getting pretty antsy.  I felt pretty good about the meet and greet.  Maybe if we don't hear anything by mid-month?