Upcoming Boards

18 hours ago, gear3green said:

For anyone thinking about going Rotary feel free to hit me up. Also if you need a contact at the different units as well. Again this is for the odd heads whose families considers them funny looking, parents neglected them, like cheap beer, drive keeps (tacos are ok too) or other wise known as rotor heads.  

-Pedro 👣

PM sent and my mom said my personality is beautiful and that's all that matters.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

If a squadron only asks for a resume (No mention of a cover letter) in their application requirements, is it common practice to still include a cover letter? 

If I ask you to show up with 5 beautiful woman and you show up with 6 grenades how would you think I will feel? 

moral of the story: follow the instructions. Provide what was asked of you. 

Edited by gear3green
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, gear3green said:

If I ask you to show up with 5 beautiful woman and you show up with 6 grenades how would you think I will feel? 

moral of the story: follow the instructions. Provide what was asked of you. 

definitely thought you meant real grenades for a min. then i remembered the jersey shore

Edited by ihtbasitc
too many cooks
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 1nfrequentF1yer said:

I don't remember seeing this on Bogidope or anywhere but came across a posting for a joint UPT board at AK ANG (176th Wing and JBER and 168th wing at Eielson). Link here: https://www.176wg.ang.af.mil/Careers/Flying-Officers/UPT-Application-Information/

Electronic copy of application on a CD.”

Lol that’s interesting. Where the heck am I gonna find a blank CD nowadays? 😂

Also, here's another that I haven't seen posted anywhere:

https://www.940arw.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-View/Article/2170310/undergraduate-pilot-training-careers-are-here/

KC-135's out of Beale AFB in NorCal. Had some family up there for awhile and personally love anything close to gold country.

Tried calling and emailing a few times over the past few weeks to confirm package requirements, deadlines, etc., but no dice yet. Gonna let it rest another week and hope a 3rd time is a charm.

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:13 PM, GreenArc said:

Also, here's another that I haven't seen posted anywhere:

https://www.940arw.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-View/Article/2170310/undergraduate-pilot-training-careers-are-here/

KC-135's out of Beale AFB in NorCal. Had some family up there for awhile and personally love anything close to gold country.

Tried calling and emailing a few times over the past few weeks to confirm package requirements, deadlines, etc., but no dice yet. Gonna let it rest another week and hope a 3rd time is a charm.

I talked to the POC listed for Beale in early March and they sent me an application. However, they said they'd just been assigned some pilots from UPT and didn't plan on having a hiring board soon. Granted, things can change fast, so its encouraging to see the job posting. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CavGuy said:

I talked to the POC listed for Beale in early March and they sent me an application. However, they said they'd just been assigned some pilots from UPT and didn't plan on having a hiring board soon. Granted, things can change fast, so its encouraging to see the job posting. 

Ah, right on; thanks for the intel! Hopefully this means they'll be opening up to applications; we'll see!

On 5/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, 1nfrequentF1yer said:

I don't remember seeing this on Bogidope or anywhere but came across a posting for a joint UPT board at AK ANG (176th Wing and JBER and 168th wing at Eielson). Link here: https://www.176wg.ang.af.mil/Careers/Flying-Officers/UPT-Application-Information/

Just as an FYI, they just dropped all of these on Bogidope, all out of Anchorage unless otherwise noted: HC-130J, KC-135R (out of Eielson), C-17A, and the HH-60G.

Would love to PM with anybody who may have insight/wisdom into potentially managing a longer commute to a unit like that out of Anchorage (it'd be ~6 hours door to door by air for me; NorCal based). Very interested in applying here.

1 hour ago, GreenArc said:

Just as an FYI, they just dropped all of these on Bogidope, all out of Anchorage unless otherwise noted: HC-130J, KC-135R (out of Eielson), C-17A, and the HH-60G.

Would love to PM with anybody who may have insight/wisdom into potentially managing a longer commute to a unit like that out of Anchorage (it'd be ~6 hours door to door by air for me; NorCal based). Very interested in applying here.

You won't be disappointed with the experience. I was given a UPT slot with Alaska in 2014 with welcome arms. If anything, its a great reason to visit Anchorage for a day or two.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

You won't be disappointed with the experience. I was given a UPT slot with Alaska in 2014 with welcome arms. If anything, its a great reason to visit Anchorage for a day or two.

That is music to my ears, as I'd love to apply and get picked up with them. Mind if I shoot you a PM with a few other questions?

4 hours ago, GreenArc said:

I think this is a great topic to add to some of the commuting threads on here, yes? I'd be interested in what the consensus is or how people make in work in a situation similar to yours. I'm somewhat limiting myself to places I can drive to in about 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Unit#8192 said:

I think this is a great topic to add to some of the commuting threads on here, yes? I'd be interested in what the consensus is or how people make in work in a situation similar to yours. I'm somewhat limiting myself to places I can drive to in about 3 hours.

Right on! I did some search and didn’t see anything specifically tailored towards this, so I’ll spin up a new one. Great call!

Anyone applying/applied to the 183rd Airlift UPT Boards? I got in contact with them months ago, thought I had the application materials sent to me, but now I cannot find them. I'm worried I won't be able to contact the designated recruiter in time. Anyone have that information?

Yes. I know I waited until the last minute to check. It's been a crazy month. If you get me the info, I'll Venmo you enough to get your favorite six-pack. You can also optionally call me and tell me how dumb I am for waiting this long.

Edited by Catman