Upcoming Boards

On 5/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, Unit#8192 said:

Anyone have any updates on if the 121st ARW out of Columbus Ohio and if application are still due on the 15th of May? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone so far.

I have not heard anything back or been able to reach anyone either.

On 5/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, Unit#8192 said:

Anyone have any updates on if the 121st ARW out of Columbus Ohio and if application are still due on the 15th of May? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone so far.

Last update I got was in March. I sent in my app in March.

On 4/11/2020 at 4:07 AM, pilotcrum said:

I got the same email saying I made it through the first stage at Fort Worth 457th FS

Have you heard anything more about their meet and greet? I was invited but wasnt on the original email so hoping I didnt miss anything....

6 hours ago, BlueSkyz said:

Have you heard anything more about their meet and greet? I was invited but wasnt on the original email so hoping I didnt miss anything....

Nice! They haven't said anything since. Just waiting. 

4 minutes ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Anybody hear back from Baltimore?

Spoke with the person in charge of the board.  Said they would reach out again "no later than mid-June" so I wouldn't expect an immediate yes/no on a formal interview yet.  

On 5/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, Unit#8192 said:

@sartoreabram @CavGuy @Lisenbyjacob the Columbus 135 unit application window has been extended and updated on Bogidope. Thanks for the responses.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Burger said:

Bros,

What should a civilian wannabe mil pilot wear for a zoom interview? I'm assuming typical interview attire but I don't want to overdress if that is not the norm for virtual interviews.

Thanks

Suit and Tie is fine. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ghost_17 said:

Any recommendations for finding upcoming UPT boards other than bogidope and reaching out to units specifically?

Those are the main two. The only other ways I've had some success in info on UPT boards is the squadrons website and facebook. A decent amount of units have fb hiring pages for their squads and good many also post updates on their websites. I would recommend reaching out though. Even if cold calling the unit is not your thing, just shoot the POC a quick, friendly email and they are usually more than happy to pass along the latest info.

Edited by Terminator5lf
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Terminator5lf said:

Those are the main two. The only other way I've had some success in info on UPT boards is facebook. A decent amount of units have hiring pages for their squads. I would recommend reaching out though. Even if cold calling the unit is not your thing, just shoot the POC a quick, friendly email and they are usually more than happy to pass along the latest info.

Makes sense. Thanks a lot!

14 minutes ago, Terminator5lf said:

Those are the main two. The only other ways I've had some success in info on UPT boards is the squadrons website and facebook. A decent amount of units have fb hiring pages for their squads and good many also post updates on their websites. I would recommend reaching out though. Even if cold calling the unit is not your thing, just shoot the POC a quick, friendly email and they are usually more than happy to pass along the latest info.

Second all this but I really do encourage phoning ANY squadron that interests you whether they have an open board or not.  I actually got an interview at a place that had no job listing on Bogidope or this forum just by calling the squadron directly and asking.  Not every place widely advertises their boards and emails are easy to ignore or just forget about.  Now the caveat here is you are often going to have to get past the gatekeepers at the front door and actually speak with some pilots.  Be persistent but not annoying.  

Edited by tarheelaviator

5 hours ago, ihtbasitc said:

Just got a callback from the 106 RQW. Looks like interviews are next week. 20 personnel being interviewed. Options for Zoom, phone call or in person. Good luck to all!!

I remember hearing that the logistics would be sent out once they know who's doing which option, have you/anyone seen anything yet?

5 hours ago, ihtbasitc said:

Just got a callback from the 106 RQW. Looks like interviews are next week. 20 personnel being interviewed. Options for Zoom, phone call or in person. Good luck to all!!

Just got the call too. I applied to both the C130 and HH60 gig, looks like the interview is for the C130. Guy over the phone said HH60 interviews will be given out in a few weeks.

5 hours ago, 1nfrequentF1yer said:

I remember hearing that the logistics would be sent out once they know who's doing which option, have you/anyone seen anything yet?

I opted for the Zoom. The MSgt i talked to gave me the option of any of them. He said I'd get a call about specifics later on, but to expect an interview next Thursday.

5 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Just got the call too. I applied to both the C130 and HH60 gig, looks like the interview is for the C130. Guy over the phone said HH60 interviews will be given out in a few weeks.

Did you ask how many slots are available? I was surprised by the call at the time and didn't ask...

• Upvote 1

For anyone thinking about going Rotary feel free to hit me up. Also if you need a contact at the different units as well. Again this is for the odd heads whose families considers them funny looking, parents neglected them, like cheap beer, drive keeps (tacos are ok too) or other wise known as rotor heads.  

-Pedro 👣

6 hours ago, green_blue_pilot said:

Im a prior Army pilot that is a staff officer in the USAF ANG. I haven't flown in a while. Is their any openings for an old 0-5 as a TR helo pilot?

Absolutely! What locations are you looking at? 

Just got an invite for the 164th AS, with options for in person or Zoom. Do you guys think it makes any difference to them which I choose? I’d definitely prefer to stay home for this one for public health and safety reasons but would also want to give myself the best chance possible. 

1 hour ago, admdelta said:

Just got an invite for the 164th AS, with options for in person or Zoom. Do you guys think it makes any difference to them which I choose? I’d definitely prefer to stay home for this one for public health and safety reasons but would also want to give myself the best chance possible. 

I don't think you'd be offered a Zoom interview if they didn't expect it to be the more practical way for some people. A lot of people live/work around immune compromised people, and I doubt they'd want you to risk getting or giving COVID to your loved ones for an interview. Go with your gut, its up to you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CavGuy said:

I don't think you'd be offered a Zoom interview if they didn't expect it to be the more practical way for some people. A lot of people live/work around immune compromised people, and I doubt they'd want you to risk getting or giving COVID to your loved ones for an interview. Go with your gut, its up to you. 

Thanks! My gut is telling me to Zoom it. 

• Upvote 1