Upcoming Boards

12 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

I was told by my reserve recruiter that the Air Force is not taking on any more people through the process (filling out paper work with a recruiter, going to MEPS, going to FC1) to become pilots for the rest of they year? Can anyone confirm this? He said the reserve boards are still happening and luckily since I've got everything done besides getting picked up that if I apply to the May board there will basically be no competition. Sounds crazy.

I hope you're right about this. The thing that I know is that the UPT pipeline is backed up...they cancelled the Jan board and only selected 15 people at the March board - and rolled all the non-selects to the May board. I'm one of the people who were rolled to the next board, so I wouldn't say there will be no competition, because some people have been waiting for a board for awhile.

3 hours ago, cowdog said:

I hope you're right about this. The thing that I know is that the UPT pipeline is backed up...they cancelled the Jan board and only selected 15 people at the March board - and rolled all the non-selects to the May board. I'm one of the people who were rolled to the next board, so I wouldn't say there will be no competition, because some people have been waiting for a board for awhile.

Are you referring to the unsponsored Reserve board correct?  Pretty sure if you have a sponsorship the "board" is just a formality assuming you are medically qualified.  

1 hour ago, tarheelaviator said:

Are you referring to the unsponsored Reserve board correct?  Pretty sure if you have a sponsorship the "board" is just a formality assuming you are medically qualified.  

I'm referring to the sponsored board - I have my FC1 completed and am sponsored, but they announced at the March board that selections will be minimal and they will be rolling all the non-selects to the May board. I think they did it to control flow into the UPT pipeline because things are backed up...

Edited by cowdog

55 minutes ago, cowdog said:

I'm referring to the sponsored board - I have my FC1 completed and am sponsored, but they announced at the March board that selections will be minimal and they will be rolling all the non-selects to the May board. I think they did it to control flow into the UPT pipeline because things are backed up...

Ok right on.  To confirm I called my reserve recruiter an hour ago as well.  He claims all UPT slots for FY20 for the Reserve are allocated so all boards at this point are for slots in FY21 (10/1/2020 onward).  Obviously everything you hear from a recruiter should be taken with a grain of salt.

What's everyone doing with their packet for Atlantic City? I assume they're in the same boat as everyone else but they haven't posted any updates as far as I've seen. I was still going to send mine in ahead of the 4/20 deadline on the off chance they do skype interviews. Has anyone talked to them?

I'll call at some point again this week but what I've heard is CA ANG is delayed until a later date until this situation returns to "normal."  Keep in mind everything is shut down.  No non-DoD visitors to any bases right now, MEPS appears to be closed, active duty and AF reserve recruiters (at least the ones I've been working with) are in a holding pattern, even the USAF recruits can't ship to BMT right now.  This sucks for everyone but nothing we can really do.  Just keep yourselves in shape, healthy, and squeeze some hours in if your local GA airport is still functioning.  
Can tell you I know of multiple that are in the current OTS class and went to MEPS the right before class started. So it can't be completely closed. Maybe only closed to new applicants?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

On 4/2/2020 at 7:14 AM, thebleakmw said:

What's everyone doing with their packet for Atlantic City? I assume they're in the same boat as everyone else but they haven't posted any updates as far as I've seen. I was still going to send mine in ahead of the 4/20 deadline on the off chance they do skype interviews. Has anyone talked to them?

Their post was updated. Board postponed until June I believe. 

On 4/1/2020 at 1:52 AM, Cherokeeflyer said:

The only thing that has happened to me was my FC1 was rescheduled NOT cancelled. 

Did they actually give you a new date? My FC1 was suppose to be next week, but I was told it was canceled/expect rescheduling between May and August. 

I got an update from the 457th in Fort Worth, made it through the first stage it says! Obviously they can't do anything right now but it was certainly encouraging to read in a time where encouragement is in shorter supply than usual.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, benr1001 said:

I got an update from the 457th in Fort Worth, made it through the first stage it says! Obviously they can't do anything right now but it was certainly encouraging to read in a time where encouragement is in shorter supply than usual.

Congrats dude, how’d you find out?

12 hours ago, OptFire said:

Did they actually give you a new date? My FC1 was suppose to be next week, but I was told it was canceled/expect rescheduling between May and August. 

They put me on for June 1, here's to hoping that sticks! :jd:

2 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Anyone hear an outright no or "thanks but no thanks" from Ft. Worth?  

I don’t think they’ve done that in the past, but has anyone else heard back from them?

Edited by wannabe88

27 minutes ago, wannabe88 said:

I don’t think they’ve done that in the past, but has anyone else heard back from them?

Might as well open this up, anyone hear back from any fighter unit that had a listing open? (Ft worth, DC, Nola). Toledo has been good about giving updates but that’s the only one I’ve heard from. 

36 minutes ago, thebleakmw said:

Might as well open this up, anyone hear back from any fighter unit that had a listing open? (Ft worth, DC, Nola). Toledo has been good about giving updates but that’s the only one I’ve heard from. 

Ft Worth sent out emails to those they intend to invite to the meet and greet after the covid stuff.

DC is in a holding pattern and has not selected any interview candidates (Info from talking to a pilot at the squadron)

Nola last info was, Due to COVID-19 concerns, leadership has just now decided to cancel the rush this weekend. In addition the May UPT board has also been postponed. I have to go fly right now but I'll keep you posted on whatever else I get. That was from SLAM the POC so they are in a holding pattern along with everyone else.

Fresno has suspended their board and after the covid is over they will give everyone a month to submit any application updates before selecting/sending invites (info from Steamer the POC)

MD, SD, and NJ have pushed back their application due dates and their boards are still tentatively on schedule.

3 hours ago, thebleakmw said:

What did Toledo say? I never got an email form them.