Upcoming Boards

Looks like Fresno boards (according to 144FW website) are suspended/postponed/canceled. Not sure which one... As of today:

*** Until Further Notice the UPT board is suspended and no visits to the unit will be approved ***

UPT Selection Requirements: 

The 144FW will be holding a UPT board on TBA

*UPT Application Packages are due by TBA

*Interview Notifications will occur approximately by TBA

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, 1nfrequentF1yer said:

Looks like Fresno boards (according to 144FW website) are suspended/postponed/canceled. Not sure which one... As of today:

I'm sure they'll just push it back till the quarantine nonsense subsides.  Anyone heard from Ft. Worth/457th?  Everyone stay safe out there.  

1 hour ago, tarheelaviator said:

I'm sure they'll just push it back till the quarantine nonsense subsides.  Anyone heard from Ft. Worth/457th?  Everyone stay safe out there.  

Everything non mission essential Air Force wide is on hold right now (most people are teleworking), so I doubt we will hear much aside from all these boards/interviews being postponed for awhile. I do feel like not hearing any news is better than being told "no thanks". Some units are not allowing their people to leave the local area, so traveling to interviews/rushing squadrons is also a no-go for a lot of active duty until mid-May

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

If this continues for the next few months, I could see units doing Skype/Facetime interviews to keep a flow of people coming to the unit. 

I imagine this is also going to be a big time for rated hires and airframe transfers for people who already have UPT slots 

On 3/27/2020 at 12:50 PM, BlueSkyz said:

I have an app for Toledo as well...maybe skype interviews? 

Quick update everyone.  

1.  The 112th FS just sent out an email saying they are delaying a month or two due to the Covid outbreak. 

2.  I spoke briefly with a pilot at the 121st in DC.  They are in the same boat and pushing it back but he said he was pretty certain they are not cancelling it so nothing to do but hurry up and wait for now.  

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Looks like Fresno's bogidope posting was taken down. Can anyone confirm that they are delaying UPT applications?

The posting on their site seems to confirm: https://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards/

*** Until Further Notice the UPT board is suspended and no visits to the unit will be approved ***

21 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Quick update everyone.  

1.  The 112th FS just sent out an email saying they are delaying a month or two due to the Covid outbreak.

@tarheelaviator just curious, was the 112th FS email sent to a particular list or something? I didn't get that email...wondering if it spells bad news for me.

9 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Looks like Fresno's bogidope posting was taken down. Can anyone confirm that they are delaying UPT applications?

I'll call at some point again this week but what I've heard is CA ANG is delayed until a later date until this situation returns to "normal."  Keep in mind everything is shut down.  No non-DoD visitors to any bases right now, MEPS appears to be closed, active duty and AF reserve recruiters (at least the ones I've been working with) are in a holding pattern, even the USAF recruits can't ship to BMT right now.  This sucks for everyone but nothing we can really do.  Just keep yourselves in shape, healthy, and squeeze some hours in if your local GA airport is still functioning.  

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, stangles said:

@tarheelaviator just curious, was the 112th FS email sent to a particular list or something? I didn't get that email...wondering if it spells bad news for me.

It doesn't look like it was a list and actually looks like they manually put 80 or so emails in the message.  I'd call them or reach out to the POC and see if they just missed you.  Everyone's life has been turned upside down right now so pretty easy to imagine a simple mistake was made.  

• Upvote 1

I was told by my reserve recruiter that the Air Force is not taking on any more people through the process (filling out paper work with a recruiter, going to MEPS, going to FC1) to become pilots for the rest of they year? Can anyone confirm this? He said the reserve boards are still happening and luckily since I've got everything done besides getting picked up that if I apply to the May board there will basically be no competition. Sounds crazy.

1 hour ago, pilotcrum said:

I was told by my reserve recruiter that the Air Force is not taking on any more people through the process (filling out paper work with a recruiter, going to MEPS, going to FC1) to become pilots for the rest of they year? Can anyone confirm this? He said the reserve boards are still happening and luckily since I've got everything done besides getting picked up that if I apply to the May board there will basically be no competition. Sounds crazy.

This is the second time someone has said that a Reserve recruiter told them this, but I haven't heard anything about that from my AD recruiter or from anyone in the Guard. Seems fishy to me personally.

• Like 1

I was accidentally sent the list for Guard FC1/MFS dates. I know the Guard has stopped scheduling MFS UFN. Looks like first “available” appointments are early July but not sure if they’ll actually fill those slots.