Upcoming Boards

Yeah, I’ve always wondered exactly what’s proper to put in that spot on form AF24. I’ve noticed that the 121FS attaches an AF24 in their UPT board info packet with a few sections prefilled and 11F is in that spot. I’d assumed that’s because that’s what the squadron’s vacancy being filled is, but it does seem kinda weird putting that as a UPT board applicant.

Edited by mb1685

The AF IMT 24 is an application for the position you're applying for though, so it would make sense that 11F would be the correct response. It's not asking for your current AFSC. 

I always put 11XX (whatever the correct AFSC is). I also asked the POC in Oregon for clarification on this and he said it's also fine to just leave it blank - he just likes the form because it gives him a bunch of useful information about you, not because the version you send is going to be formally submitted. But that of course is probably at the discretion of whoever is handling the paperwork. Definitely don't put the wrong AFSC in there though, like 11M or something. 

Edited by admdelta
  • Upvote 3

20 hours ago, Broskees said:

Any word on Tulsa sending out invites yet?

Tulsa will likely send out invites this week sometime. I doubt they wouldn't at least give some notification to everyone either way. 

• Upvote 1

So I am new to the application process. But I have seen a few bases (Peterson, Travis, etc.) on BogiDope that lists the UPT Interview Board as continuous. Does anyone know how applying to those bases works? Is it worth calling the POC or sending in an application package and seeing when they are hiring? Or does it just mean they are always accepting applications but the board is still only at certain times?

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, sartoreabram said:

So I am new to the application process. But I have seen a few bases (Peterson, Travis, etc.) on BogiDope that lists the UPT Interview Board as continuous. Does anyone know how applying to those bases works? Is it worth calling the POC or sending in an application package and seeing when they are hiring? Or does it just mean they are always accepting applications but the board is still only at certain times?

The latter. Basically it means send in an application and hope they get back to you when they decide to start hiring. It’s probably worth having your stuff on file, because a lot of Reserve bases don’t seem to post on Bogidope very often so you might miss it. 

Edited by admdelta
  • Thanks 1

Some info for any of you interested in that New Orleans 122d FS job posting that went up recently.  Received this in response to my email inquiry: 

"Thanks for the email, we have been holding boards about twice a year and are always on the look out for good candidates. In the meantime please submit a completed application packet that includes the following items, in order, in a single PDF file:

1.     Cover letter addressed to the 122FS Hiring Board stating the position you are interested in interviewing for and outlining your qualifications.

2.     Printout of your AFOQT and PCSM Scores from the official website

3.     Resume to include civilian and military experience (Please make this as comprehensive as possible on a single page, it will be heavily weighted.)

4.     Transcript Summary from an accredited 4-year or higher degree

5.     Minimum of 3 letters of recommendation.

6.     If prior service, your last two EPR/OPRs

7.    A current photo and date of birth

If you haven't taken those tests, I recommend starting there as we use these scores to determine eligibility for pilot slots.

Talk soon

Maj Stanley "Slam" Cheng

122nd Fighter Squadron"

49 minutes ago, Ten30Seven said:

Just heard from the 63rd ARS at MacDill, rushing has been pushed back to the June and July UTAs with interviews in August. In terms of numbers, they said they received over 200 applications, so pretty competitive.

Did you contact them to find out or did they email you and let you know? 

1 hour ago, Ten30Seven said:

Just heard from the 63rd ARS at MacDill, rushing has been pushed back to the June and July UTAs with interviews in August. In terms of numbers, they said they received over 200 applications, so pretty competitive.

Over 200 for tankers?! That’s more than some fighter squadrons. Insane.