Upcoming Boards

12 minutes ago, benr1001 said:

I applied to Cheyenne as well, haven't heard anything but interviews should be Thursday so I'm outta luck. A guy I visited with said he got a call for an interview like two weeks ago, even though the deadline wasn't til the 27th.

Thanks for the info. I visited last week. 

Seems a little odd that they'd pick people well before the application deadline, and not really fair to the people applying if they've already picked but I get that they wanted to give people plenty of notice and they can do whatever they want

9 minutes ago, benr1001 said:

Seems a little odd that they'd pick people well before the application deadline, and not really fair to the people applying if they've already picked but I get that they wanted to give people plenty of notice and they can do whatever they want

When I visited last week, I was under the impression no selections had been made yet, as a few of us had just applied within the past 2 weeks and visited. We'll see.

12 minutes ago, CavGuy said:

When I visited last week, I was under the impression no selections had been made yet, as a few of us had just applied within the past 2 weeks and visited. We'll see.

Weird, cause I know that one guy has an interview on the 5th but nobody else I've talked to has heard anything. I know half of them just deployed too, so that may also complicate things

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Yeah anyone heard back from the 457th?  A few people I've talked to heard outright "no" but I haven't heard anything since submitting a couple weeks back.  

What I've heard (beginning of February) is that they are going to let people know in about a month about the meet and greet and/or application. My thought is that they had a high number of applicants and wanted to narrow it down sooner rather than later and they are working the details of the meet and greet. I'd imagine we would probably hear something shortly after their March UTA either way. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

Yeah anyone heard back from the 457th?  A few people I've talked to heard outright "no" but I haven't heard anything since submitting a couple weeks back.  

Did these people have apps that were obviously easy to reject or were they middle of the pack apps?

16 hours ago, bigdreams said:

Did these people have apps that were obviously easy to reject or were they middle of the pack apps?

At least one had a PCSM below the threshold they wanted but I don't know about the other person.  

• Upvote 3

Got a question bros,

So if the squadron lists in the application criteria to email the app only, would it be frowned upon to deliver a hard copy when you rush? Or would hand delivering it and emailing be the best option?

4 minutes ago, Burger said:

Got a question bros,

So if the squadron lists in the application criteria to email the app only, would it be frowned upon to deliver a hard copy when you rush? Or would hand delivering it and emailing be the best option?

Personally I don’t think it would hurt if you’re hand delivering it during a visit as long as you sent them an email too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burger said:

Got a question bros,

They probably prefer you bring a bottle of Jack 

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Burger said:

Got a question bros,

In my opinion, it says to email only.Part of this process is being able to follow explicit directions and pay attention to details. So to me, that answers the question right there. You could always just ask them to be sure. Just my $0.02.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, ryleypav said:

In my opinion, it says to email only.Part of this process is being able to follow explicit directions and pay attention to details. So to me, that answers the question right there. You could always just ask them to be sure. Just my $0.02.

Personally I’ve always interpreted this just as “don’t mail us a hard copy.” I’ve been to meet and greets with squadrons where their job postings have said they accept emailed versions only, but they were asking if anybody had a hard copy they wanted to turn in. 

It probably all depends on the squadron of course but if he brings it and asks and they say no, I don’t think they’d hold that against him. 

3 hours ago, admdelta said:

Personally I’ve always interpreted this just as “don’t mail us a hard copy.” I’ve been to meet and greets with squadrons where their job postings have said they accept emailed versions only, but they were asking if anybody had a hard copy they wanted to turn in. 

It probably all depends on the squadron of course but if he brings it and asks and they say no, I don’t think they’d hold that against him. 

Agreed. I doubt they'd hold it against him either. But, the only way to truly get an answer is to as the POC for the board. 

Has anyone heard anything or received any response from the 63rd ARS at MacDill? I only ask because in their timeline it said they would send out invites to visit in March/April so I don't know if they would let you know this quickly or if they may still be reviewing applications since the deadline was only about a week ago. From what I can see from reading here it seems some Units' invites are sent out almost immediately and if you don't hear anything quickly then it's probably a bad sign, but others responses seem like they hear back well after the deadline. Thanks

18 hours ago, sartoreabram said:

Has anyone heard anything or received any response from the 63rd ARS at MacDill? I only ask because in their timeline it said they would send out invites to visit in March/April so I don't know if they would let you know this quickly or if they may still be reviewing applications since the deadline was only about a week ago. From what I can see from reading here it seems some Units' invites are sent out almost immediately and if you don't hear anything quickly then it's probably a bad sign, but others responses seem like they hear back well after the deadline. Thanks

I did. It wasn’t an actual invite yet though. 

20 hours ago, sartoreabram said:

Patience is the key dude. From my limited experience (applied to 5 places so far) the average wait time from application turn in to notification of interview/no thanks is greater than a month. For the "no thanks" notifications it is usually a shorter timeline. If you haven't received any info yet that is possibly a good thing.