Upcoming Boards

2 hours ago, pilotcrum said:

Anyone have any inside information on the 457th FS at Fort Worth and how many people they invite to their meet and greet and how many they invite to interview? I'm sure they're a popular spot. 

I just went back and checked my email invite from 2018 and there were about 40 email addresses on it. Not sure how many they typically invite for formal interviews.

• Like 1

For the upcoming meet and greet at the 457th, even if you didn't get an invite

This seems to imply invites for a meet and greet have gone out already, am I reading too much into this statement?

Any others confirm/deny invites have been sent for a meet and greet with the 457th?

8 minutes ago, stangles said:

This seems to imply invites for a meet and greet have gone out already, am I reading too much into this statement?

Any others confirm/deny invites have been sent for a meet and greet with the 457th?

No I didn't mean to imply that. Was just throwing the idea out to see if we could get a group of guys to go even if we didn't get an invite. Assuming they don't ID us. 

For the upcoming meet and greet at the 457th, even if you didn't get an invite could you still slip on in and interact with pilots or will they ID you like a frat party? I could see this showing persistence and even though they didn't invite you this could swing chances for an interview in your favor. Thoughts?
Personally, I think that sounds like bad form.

Plus, if you don't have a CAC, they probably wouldn't let you on the base anyway. If they do formal invitations for meet and greets, showing up uninvited would almost be like showing up on the interview weekend after they told you they weren't interested.

If you're showing up when they've already looked at your package and ruled you out, you're just wasting their time.

Maybe someone from the 457th can answer with authority, but it's probably safe to assume that no means no.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

10 hours ago, FlyingFisher said:

Dudes, Seadogs is doing what he does best again and being a massive troll, ignore and do not feed.

Hahaha I have to do a better job of checking the username of these posters!

13 hours ago, stangles said:

Yeah anyone heard back from the 457th?  A few people I've talked to heard outright "no" but I haven't heard anything since submitting a couple weeks back.  

I applied to Cheyenne as well, haven't heard anything but interviews should be Thursday so I'm outta luck. A guy I visited with said he got a call for an interview like two weeks ago, even though the deadline wasn't til the 27th.